Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon

  1. -1
    Buddwalk's Avatar
    The Jukebox Hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    13,933
    vCash:
    1045
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon

    Im now starting the official draft darren sproles bandwagon...

    Darren Sproles

    Official Bio
    College: Kansas St.
    Height: 5-5
    Position: Running Back
    Weight: 180
    Class: Senior
    40-Yard: 4.35

    SCOUTING REPORT
    Strengths: Great speed...Very productive...Dynamic and very hard to tackle...Runs harder than you would think for a guy his size and shows a lot of toughness...Has great vision...Unbelievable balance...Very shifty...Gets lost because everyone else is so much bigger than he is...Good receiver...Has all the intangibles...Also a return man.

    Weaknesses: Vastly undersized...Will never be able to cut it as a blocker...Has been durable during his college career, but they hit harder in the pros...Had a down senior season and was shut down in some games.

    Notes: Classic case of a great college player who just doesn't project well to the pro level...Won't go nearly as high as his reputation would lead you to believe...A better player than Quentin Griffin, but probably a backup and change of pace back at best in the NFL.

    heres a fact from the combine

    *Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

    Carnell outweighs little sproles by over 30 lbs. and is like 6 inches taller!

    Heres a video of him so you guys take a look at what he can do http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/sproles43.wmv

    heres his official site so you can see more about him http://www.darrensproles43.com/intro.html

    I'm getting a little sick and tired of people saying that small rbs cant be feature runningbacks in the nfl when thats very wrong....barry sanders, emmit smith, charlie garner ,and many many more were all feature backs!

    Hes also a great punt returner! This guy would be one of the explosive players nick saban is talking about...He would be our brian westbrook!

    Jump On!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    SMadison29's Avatar
    What Sherman aspires to be

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2001
    Posts:
    8,483
    vCash:
    2082
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He had a down year in a year many thought he'd be in New York for the Heisman. He's good for a Travis Minor type role but not every down.

    He would be our brian westbrook!
    He's always hurt & isn't a great "Running" back. One of the main reasons they lost the Super Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    burton87's Avatar
    Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2003
    Posts:
    1,661
    vCash:
    2026
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ha, with our Oline he'll be another Travis Minor....


    If we can get him late 2nd day I'm all for it.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    burton87's Avatar
    Favorite Dolphin = Bill Gramatica

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2003
    Posts:
    1,661
    vCash:
    2026
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddwalk
    I
    *Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

    Carnell outweighs little sproles by over 30 lbs. and is like 6 inches taller!


    Ha, Thanks becasue shorter people can bench more...

    It's alot harder for the lengther to rep alot of weight.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Buddwalk's Avatar
    The Jukebox Hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    13,933
    vCash:
    1045
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SMadison29
    He had a down year in a year many thought he'd be in New York for the Heisman. He's good for a Travis Minor type role but not every down.



    He's always hurt & isn't a great "Running" back. One of the main reasons they lost the Super Bowl.
    he did have a down senior year but come on brian westbrook was very unnoticed at villanova his whole career....and sproles actually is noticed hes proved to people time and time again how good he is...you must see it
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    arsenal's Avatar
    Beastin'

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    8,477
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Commack, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if we knew we could rely on gordon to carry most of the load id love to have darren as a change of pace back, but with the unknown about gordon staying healthy we need to draft a back who can carry the load if needed

    Koa Konstrictor
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    _dan24's Avatar
    wha?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    2,790
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Bonita Springs, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddwalk
    Im now starting the official draft darren sproles bandwagon...

    Darren Sproles

    Official Bio
    College: Kansas St.
    Height: 5-5
    Position: Running Back
    Weight: 180
    Class: Senior
    40-Yard: 4.35

    SCOUTING REPORT
    Strengths: Great speed...Very productive...Dynamic and very hard to tackle...Runs harder than you would think for a guy his size and shows a lot of toughness...Has great vision...Unbelievable balance...Very shifty...Gets lost because everyone else is so much bigger than he is...Good receiver...Has all the intangibles...Also a return man.

    Weaknesses: Vastly undersized...Will never be able to cut it as a blocker...Has been durable during his college career, but they hit harder in the pros...Had a down senior season and was shut down in some games.

    Notes: Classic case of a great college player who just doesn't project well to the pro level...Won't go nearly as high as his reputation would lead you to believe...A better player than Quentin Griffin, but probably a backup and change of pace back at best in the NFL.

    heres a fact from the combine

    *Some bench numbers from today, Carnell Williams put up 19, and Darren Sproles came in with 23.

    Carnell outweighs little sproles by over 30 lbs. and is like 6 inches taller!

    Heres a video of him so you guys take a look at what he can do http://www.darrensproles43.com/videos/sproles43.wmv

    heres his official site so you can see more about him http://www.darrensproles43.com/intro.html

    I'm getting a little sick and tired of people saying that small rbs cant be feature runningbacks in the nfl when thats very wrong....barry sanders, emmit smith, charlie garner ,and many many more were all feature backs!

    Hes also a great punt returner! This guy would be one of the explosive players nick saban is talking about...He would be our brian westbrook!

    Jump On!

    2 things...


    1. WOW 5'5"!? I thought he was atleast 5'8"

    2. He has short arms... I know its taking away from him... but it's true...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    fishypete's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    14,928
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I like the kid...think what the Dolphins can do with the savings from just buying the uniforms for him.
    We will Remember!!

    But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Noodle Arm's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    5,751
    vCash:
    1232
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishypete
    Hey I like the kid...think what the Dolphins can do with the savings from just buying the uniforms for him.
    They're having a sale of Dolphin jersey's over at Kids R' Us
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Buddwalk's Avatar
    The Jukebox Hero

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    13,933
    vCash:
    1045
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishypete
    Hey I like the kid...think what the Dolphins can do with the savings from just buying the uniforms for him.
    haha nice man! I just watched a couple interviews on him...down to earth kid who just loves football, hes had games in college where hes taken over 30+ carries in the game so he can carry the load...believe me hes just as hard to take down as a carnell williams or a cedric benson is...its just at 5''5 and 180 lbs. its turning lots of people down. He showed at the senior bowl how good he can be against the top seniors and ran up and down the field on them with ease! Also i heard that in his junior year he torched the #1 defense in the country Oklahoma for 335 total yards of offense
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. darren sproles?
    By crossfit93 in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
  2. darren sproles
    By dolfan305 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 03:51 PM
  3. Darren Sproles
    By Phin_Phan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM
  4. Darren Sproles
    By NFL MVP in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 06:19 PM
  5. Darren Sproles
    By Buddwalk in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 09:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •