Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offical Draft Darren Sproles Bandwagon

1. -21
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't we have Darren Sproles in camp last year?? Except he was from Iowa last year, wasn't he?
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He looks real good in that video. Probably would make a good change of pace back. But that is what they said about John Avery.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Finaholic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice addition if the fins can get him in the 3rd round or later.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=66936

I'm onboard!!

I think it's funny the comparison's which people are making......Travis Minor, Fred Russell.....none of these player's were as dangerous in college as Sproles.

The only fair comparison that I can come up with is Dante Hall.....he has that type of ability..........and ask yourself: If the Chiefs had to make that pick again, would they?? Hell yeah they would........and all the teams who passed on him would be looking to get him to. HE IS A PLAYMAKER! What was it that Saban said he wanted again??

Is he an every-down NFL back? Of course not. But his ability as a returner and instant spark on offense is more than worth a high fourth round pick. If he is there for our first pick on day 2 then we should take him.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vienna, virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Darren Sproles is amazing. Im joining the bandwagon. I know for sure Miami wont sign him, at least early. But i saw the video and he is amazing! He is only 5'5, and so am i, lol.....i used to be a runningback too but im white...and ive never seen a white guy run well....well except for Luke Staley of BYU. But id love to see Darren Sproles be taken soon. If Miami drafts Alex Smith, by the time the 3rd round comes around, i think Darren will still be available, then Miami can make a shot.

And no, Travis Minor isnt like Darren Sproles. Travis is much taller too
    If i was in charge, id sign Patrick Ramsey (QB), Tom Ashworth (LT), Kevin Mawae (C), Sam Adams (DT) LaVar Arrington (OLB), Chris Hope (S)
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    2nd base going on 3rd

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Far Far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God it feels good to have so many options!! I'm diggin this guy right now, great highlight reel!
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burger13
    http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=66936

I'm onboard!!

I think it's funny the comparison's which people are making......Travis Minor, Fred Russell.....none of these player's were as dangerous in college as Sproles.

The only fair comparison that I can come up with is Dante Hall.....he has that type of ability..........and ask yourself: If the Chiefs had to make that pick again, would they?? Hell yeah they would........and all the teams who passed on him would be looking to get him to. HE IS A PLAYMAKER! What was it that Saban said he wanted again??

Is he an every-down NFL back? Of course not. But his ability as a returner and instant spark on offense is more than worth a high fourth round pick. If he is there for our first pick on day 2 then we should take him.
    Since I made the Russell comparison I'd like to address this post.

I agree that there's an outside chance (waaaay outside, IMO) that this little guy could transfer his skills to the pros but, that's left for team's with more draft picks to find out.

Teams like us, with some holes to fill and few draft picks to fill them, have to be more responsible with their draft picks. That means we don't have the luxury of taking a shot at Sproles, not when we already have outstanding young talent at the position (PR/KR, you gotta admit he aint going to make it as a back) already.

It's too bad, and maybe if we could pick up a few more draft picks, it may become more feasible but, right now, for every one Darren Sproles that makes it, there are a hundred you never hear about again, and that's too heavy on the risk side of the scale.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's WAY TOO TINY.
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    The One The Only

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

Sproles is the Man

As a KState alum, I watched this kid for 4 years. He is spectacular. He IS an every down back. He will get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round and in a year he will be starting. He is very explosive and very strong, as he proved in the combine. We would be damn lucky to have him in a Fin uniform. The kid has been proving people wrong his entire career and will do the same in the NFL. I hope we get him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Say no to Sproles. This reminds me of when we drafted Travis Minor. Wanny took him because he wanted a complement to Lamar Smith. Smith played horrible that year and we did have another back who could carry the load. Minor was to small to ever be a feature back. A few picks after we took Minor, the Bengals were much smarter and took a bigger back named Rudi Johnson. If we draft a RB make sure he is big enough to potentially be a feature back.
    Quote Quote