Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamar Fletcher was SOLID

1. -1
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jamar Fletcher was SOLID

What a difference a week makes. While I haven't watched the game tape yet, I can give my first impression. Fletcher manned up on his WR all day long. And he held his own. Miami controlled the Jet WRs. Very impressive.

The biggest telltale?? Never once today did I think of Patrick Surtain. That says a lot. Congrats Jamar.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Animus facit nobilem

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gotta disagree here...they threw once at Jamar and he got caught...the jets just don't throw downfield if they did he wouldve gotten beat...Moss was open a couple times too but vinny didnt get him the ball...Hey we killed the jets anyway..
    Once, after a blast of six or seven yards, Brown was the first to regain his feet. When he got back to the huddle he was blowing hard - but the inert figures of three Giants marked the trail where he had passed, like the breadcrumbs on the forest path of Hansel and Gretel. For mercurial speed, airy nimbleness and explosive violence in one package of undistilled evil, there is no other like Mr. Brown.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Comon Mannnn

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fletcher did get a pass interference call.
    Dolphins season ticket holder living in INDY

I did not think it was possible but Jon Martin is now my all time hated Dolphin over Jay Fiedler.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Muck, what were you thinking starting this thread? You know as well as I that some of these fans have to have a "red haired step-child" on the team, and right now Fletcher is that guy for them...

Hell, Fletcher could have had 2 INTs, and people would just say "So what, Surtain would have had 4."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll have to wait and see how he did later because I don't know who's out to get him and who's out to over protect him. He had the penalty and the announcers didn't call his name in getting burnt so he didn't do horrible.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We also have to give some credit to Trent Gamble for stepping up in the nickle, covering the slot WR Chrebet. Who has been a Dolphin killer in the PAST.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times. Santana Moss drew a P.I. call from Fletcher but don't feel too bad, Sam Madison drew a holding call on him too (and made a nice amount of contact downfield which could have been called pass interference). I worry about the fact that Santana was wide open a number of times but you know what thats gonna happen. John Madden wrote in his book that a lot of times the way the camera focuses when you're watchin a game on TV, audiences don't see the fact that usually there will be a lot of WRs getting open, the QB just doesn't see it and if the QB doesn't throw there the TV audience doesn't know it happened either.

This time around we just had some telecasters who were pointing out the two times that Santana got open. One of those times it was over the middle of the field deep down there while Vinny was being rushed by a Nickel CB Blitz, and Vinny incorrectly guessed which man would be the one open because of the blitz. He thought it should have been Chrebet open, but it was Santana. Thats just gonna happen, IMO...guys gettin open and the QB not seein it.

I give Jamar a relative A- because he gets deducted for the penalty, but also it is good to keep in mind that we went against the Paul Hackett offense. Hardly any throwing to the WRs is done in that offense, and Trent Gamble was a decidedly weaker link on the field than Jamar Fletcher so Fletcher wasn't being picked on like he would have with Madison and Surtain in the game.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Super Bowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ckparrothead
    Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times.

and Trent Gamble was a decidedly weaker link on the field than Jamar Fletcher
    Yes Gamble a third string saftey played the nickle corner and should have been picked on. But even getting burned a few times instead of letting Chrebet, a first string WR, kill us in the passing game is a pretty good performance in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolphinators13
    Fletcher did get a pass interference call.
    so what, sam madison and surtain get them every week sometimes three in a row. im sick of hearing all thenegatives on this guy. give him some time to grow. you shouldnt excpect him to be perfect. he plays CB not LB.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by ckparrothead
    Actually Trent Gamble was burnt by Chrebet over the middle of the field a few times.
    You gotta admit though for a 4th corner being forced into the 3rd corner roll while playing ST's he played a pretty solid day though.

We will know next week for sure how Fletcher/Gamble will do especially if Surtain is still out. K.C. is an amazing running team so I figure we will be cheating our safeties a lot which means mucho man on man converage.
    Quote Quote