Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rodgers, product of system?

1. -11
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In my opinion, there is no quarterback in this draft worth a top 15 pick. Neither guy impressed me at all. I would die if we drafted either one.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kyle Orton is still the Don of the class. If he hadn't gotten hurt, he'd be far and away the lock for the #1 pick and there wouldn't be any groans about it. You'd laugh at the comparison of Alex Smith, a one year wonder, to Orton's 4 years of consistency. I guess things have a way of working themselves outs. You'll say I told you so

But what do I know...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    hi

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PackPhin
    Kyle Orton is still the Don of the class. If he hadn't gotten hurt, he'd be far and away the lock for the #1 pick and there wouldn't be any groans about it. You'd laugh at the comparison of Alex Smith, a one year wonder, to Orton's 4 years of consistency. I guess things have a way of working themselves outs. You'll say I told you so

But what do I know...
    I'm gonna go ahead and disagree...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't Boller run a 4.5 forty in the combine.

If you play under the same offense for two years, you learn the reads. It's that simple. What intangibles are we talking about?

It's not his size, his speed, or his arm. What his completion percentage? His leadership?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    hi

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One more thing on Orton: I assume he's all healed up now. How do you explain his weak showing at the Senior Bowl? In the practices and the actual game. He can't even take a snap from center properly.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Run to Daylight

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its a fair point. I like the guy a lot, but I can see why some people still have their doubts. Still, Smith has just as many questions about his play due to the system that HE played in (shotgun, weaker competition, etc).

Point is, both players have some question marks despite being excellent prospects. FWIW, I personally like Rodgers more.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One more thing on Orton: I assume he's all healed up now. How do you explain his weak showing at the Senior Bowl? In the practices andt he actual game. He can't even take a snap from center properly.
    LOL Orton showcased the strongest arm at the combine. Posting a 57.3 mph toss. His arm strenght was the only knock the so called "experts" had against him and he went out and proved them wrong.

If I remember correctly, Byron Leftwich, and Drew Brees never went under center either in thier college days. There are many other's that played in the shotgun offense that turned out okay, but naming them all is a waste of time.

Next question...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The two most important things a QB needs are accuracy and the ability to read defenses. The two stats you could point to that give you a clue about these are comp. % and TD:INT ratio. IMO you shouldn't even draft a QB in the first that doesn't complete at least 60% of his passes in the NFL. If you go by size, speed and arm you will draft every Ryan Leaf and Jeff George that comes along. All you really need in size and arm is to meet the min. - avg. criteria of the NFL. Beyond that they have very little importance. Speed isn't even an issue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    IMO you shouldn't even draft a QB in the first that doesn't complete at least 60% of his passes
    So you're saying it was a mistake to draft Marino?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Better yet, let's draft LeFors from Louisville. He was 189 of 257 for a 73.5% completion percentage. Oh he's the best, he's the most accurate, right guys. He threw 20 td's and only 3 int's.
    Give me a break. If that's the argument for Rodgers, then that's poor.
    This is not the year for qb's. Frye, Orton, Orlavsky, McPherson...who knows. These guys are as good as the top two.
    What about David Greene? What about his intangibles?
    Quote Quote