Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: Rodgers, product of system?

  1. -21
    LZoeller12's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    270
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rafael
    Speed isn't even an issue.
    Tell that to every team that game plans vs Mike Vick
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    6,248
    vCash:
    1080
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LZoeller12
    Better yet, let's draft LeFors from Louisville. He was 189 of 257 for a 73.5% completion percentage. Oh he's the best, he's the most accurate, right guys. He threw 20 td's and only 3 int's.
    Give me a break. If that's the argument for Rodgers, then that's poor.
    This is not the year for qb's. Frye, Orton, Orlavsky, McPherson...who knows. These guys are as good as the top two.
    What about David Greene? What about his intangibles?
    Lefors doesn't meet the NFL min. height for the position. None of the others you mentioned are even close to the stats and intangibles Smith and Rodgers have.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    CashInFist's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    3,967
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LZoeller12
    Does anybody else think that Aaron Rodgers is just a product of a good system. If Jeff Tedford wasn't a brilliant offensive mind, would he even be a first day pick?

    Sure he had a great JC career, but so did I, and many others. I don't think he is as good as people think, and doesn't even stack up against Kyle Boller. And look at him.

    What do you all think?

    I think Aaron Rodgers is a product of a system...a PRO STYLE system. Cal has an NFL type system they run. If anything Alex Smith is the QB who's passing #'s are suspect because of the wide open offense they run.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    LZoeller12's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    270
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You tell me what you think are "intangibles". Smith was a one year wonder, Rodgers was a product of the system.

    And the argument for LeFors was sarcastic...just in case anybody didn't know.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    finfansince72's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    6,627
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I guess you all know something NFL scouts dont with all your years of vast personel knowledge....guys Rodgers is a top 10 pick guaranteed, Boller wasnt. If Boller and Rodgers came out in the same year Rodgers would go ahead of him. Hes an elite prospect certainly on a different level than Frye, Orton, Orlavsky, McPherson cmon now lets not get silly to make your point. If u feel he's a bust fine but lets not just pull things out of thin air.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    LZoeller12's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    270
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Of course Smith was also! That's obvious.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    LIQUID24's Avatar
    hi

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,147
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PackPhin
    LOL Orton showcased the strongest arm at the combine. Posting a 57.3 mph toss. His arm strenght was the only knock the so called "experts" had against him and he went out and proved them wrong.

    If I remember correctly, Byron Leftwich, and Drew Brees never went under center either in thier college days. There are many other's that played in the shotgun offense that turned out okay, but naming them all is a waste of time.

    Next question...
    Haha, ok. Anyone who's seen him play knows that his arm is the least of his worries. Is that the only positive you can bring up? Pretty weak. I brought up the snapping from center because I saw him fumble quite a few times in the practices that were televised. Maybe he's improved since then, maybe he hasn't. I know other guys have made the transition.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    6,248
    vCash:
    1080
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PackPhin
    So you're saying it was a mistake to draft Marino?
    I would never have drafted Marino with the 1st or 2nd pick. Once you get to the end of the 1st rd you're weighing risks. Look it's all about odds. QBs that complete a high % in college are more likely to succeed in the pros. The guys who have that along with the other characteristics I've posted before are the guys you take early. Other QBs may still be successful but the risks are higher so you take them later.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    LZoeller12's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    270
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This year there are no sure bets at the qb spot. Period. And the fact that you wouldn't have drafted Marino high, just explains your arguments. Lacking knowledge.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    LIQUID24's Avatar
    hi

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    4,147
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LZoeller12
    And the fact that you wouldn't have drafted Marino high, just explains your arguments.
    I'm pretty sure he means at the time, coming out of college. Knowing what we know now, of course he's worth the #1 pick.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Product Key
    By jimmy42jack0 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
  2. trent green product of a system, culpepper is a system
    By thefranchisedef in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 06:50 AM
  3. The finished product.
    By Majpain in forum Graphics Talk and Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 12:38 AM
  4. Worst name for a product EVER
    By ABrownLamp in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
  5. Brady Quinn product of system
    By islanddolphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 02:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •