Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJ returning kicks

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ann Arbor MI
    Thanks / No Thanks

AJ returning kicks

OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

At this point I'm in favor of putting Chambers back there again.

Are there any other plans in the works?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    She can rub my Baltars!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: AJ returning kicks

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
    OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

I haven't heard of any plans to replace Johnson but putting Chambers back there is a bad idea, last thing the Fins need is CC getting creamed on a PR and missing games or the season.
    :bat:Hellion:bat:

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: AJ returning kicks

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac

Chambers will not return kicks. They will either eventually cut AJ and replace him w/another KR and PR or inactivate him and have Minor return kicks and Ward return punts.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually fellas, newly signed Paul Miranda was an excellent KR in college. He's got excellent speed and has a knack for finding the seem.

IMO, he would be an improvement over AJ, but am concerned that he has been dinged and knicked up his entire pro career.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    2000 Yard Rusher

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vero Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by MDFINFAN
    I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...
    Yeah! What happened? I thought this guy was gonna be super! I mean in preseason, the guy doesn't fair catch with guys right in his face, and still gets positive yards? Of course, he still had a great kick return in the Detroit game that maybe could of gone the distance had it not been for the face mask.

Come on, AJ! Don't quit on us now!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No way do you put Chambers back there. With all due respect to special teams players league-wide, players like Chambers are too valuable to be put on keck teams. I would have preferred keeping Robert Baker as well. I don't know, maybe AJ just has the rookie jitters.

Go Fins!
    "Watching Dan Marino throw the football is like watching Michaelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel... You talk about championship courage, you talk about a will to win... a flame burns within that man Dan Marino."

- Mad Dog (Jim Mandich)

http://www.deltastar.net/dolphins/danshula.jpg
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
    Say....3 more games?
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by IceStorm
    Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
    Say....3 more games?
    He's a rookie plus.....remember he was a mvp player in the candian league for ST's.
    He done this before..this is nothing new to him..He's lacking confidence for whatever reason, but if he gets a good return for a TD..I think he'll be ok..
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Predator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bethlehem PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought in the Detriot game he was doin well, until his head got twisted off... I'm thinking maybe that is causing him to be a little timid.. I hope he comes out of it.. he looked great in preseason.. although baker looked great when he first came aboard also.. until he got injured.. I liked him, they really didn't give him a shot this year.
    ''We probably have guys that make it happen, We have some that watch it happen. And we have some that don't know what the hell's happening. They all fit in one of those three categories.''
    Quote Quote