Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Update: Dolphins on the Verge of acquiring Jones

1. -1
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks

Update: Dolphins on the Verge of acquiring Jones

Dolphins | On Verge of Acquiring Jones - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 13 Mar 2005 07:38:01 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have been discussing trade talks for the past few days with the New Orleans Saints to acquire S Tebucky Jones. Two NFL sources said the Saints hope to complete a deal as early as Sunday, March 13 or Monday, March 14. One source said the asking price for Jones is a second-day draft pick (rounds 4 - 7).

I hope its either a 6 or a 7...I don't want Tebucky, but for a 6th or a 7th I wouldn't mind taking him....he's not worth a 4th, thats for sure.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was probably going to be released. I see us trading a 7th for him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We better not give up anything lower than a 6th.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am glad Saban is making the final say.... Spielman probably wants to trade JT and surtain plus our 3rd pick for Jones and bottle of ketchup.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe we'll make it a conditional pick. That pushes the 6th or 7th rounder back to 2006.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    Maybe we'll make it a conditional pick. That pushes the 6th or 7th rounder back to 2006.

That would be preferable.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy James
    I like that Idea.:cooldude:
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm starting to get a little worried. So far Saban isn't really rebuilding he's just getting old players that other teams dont want. Hopefully I'll look like an idiot for ever questioning Saban's strategy, but he's given a 31 year old DE a huge contract (after he already signed Vonnie Holiday) and is now supposedly on the verge of trading a draft pick (hopefully only a 6th or 7th) for a 30 year old safety. This isnt rebuilding, this is replacing overrated, old players with more overrated, old players (Honestly Carter hasnt been a great player since St. Louis and Tebucky hasnt done **** for the Aints). We shouldnt be trading away any more draft picks and we shouldnt be giving over the hill players big front loaded contracts in Free Agency, last time I checked that is a formula for failure. Saban better be the genius everyone says he is when it comes to Xs and Os and he better make some excellent picks in the draft, because I havent been impressed so far by his free agent signings or any of the Dolphin's rumored aquisitions (Tebucky, Howard)
    WE SHALL PREVAIL

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    get out da way

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerJosh373
    I'm starting to get a little worried. So far Saban isn't really rebuilding he's just getting old players that other teams dont want. Hopefully I'll look like an idiot for ever questioning Saban's strategy, but he's given a 31 year old DE a huge contract (after he already signed Vonnie Holiday) and is now supposedly on the verge of trading a draft pick (hopefully only a 6th or 7th) for a 30 year old safety. This isnt rebuilding, this is replacing overrated, old players with more overrated, old players (Honestly Carter hasnt been a great player since St. Louis and Tebucky hasnt done **** for the Aints). We shouldnt be trading away any more draft picks and we shouldnt be giving over the hill players big front loaded contracts in Free Agency, last time I checked that is a formula for failure. Saban better be the genius everyone says he is when it comes to Xs and Os and he better make some excellent picks in the draft, because I havent been impressed so far by his free agent signings or any of the Dolphin's rumored aquisitions (Tebucky, Howard)
    i agree with pretty much everything you said
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerJosh373
    Are you sure teh contracts are front loaded? I kind doubt that. Not to many NFL contracts are.
    Quote Quote