Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush Coverage Negative, Iraq Coverage Slightly Negative, Fox Slanted Says Report

1. -21
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If it weren't for the opinions of the commentary from Paine, the United States might not exist.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

On Fox News, No Shortage of Opinion, Study Finds

In covering the Iraq war last year, 73 percent of the stories on Fox News included the opinions of the anchors and journalists reporting them, a new study says.

CNN spokeswoman Christa Robinson says the study "reaffirms what anyone watching CNN already knows: CNN's reporting is driven by news, not opinion

read the rest at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32631-2005Mar13.html
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like Headline News. No BS just the facts. Oh, except the new Headline News primetime. It sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finataxia24
    In covering the Iraq war last year, 73 percent of the stories on Fox News included the opinions of the anchors and journalists reporting them, a new study says.

CNN spokeswoman Christa Robinson says the study "reaffirms what anyone watching CNN already knows: CNN's reporting is driven by news, not opinion

read the rest at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32631-2005Mar13.html
    It says further in the article that most of what FNC runs is opinion based reports most of the time. Meaning they bring in both sides of an issue and then have the ppl they brought in fight it out. It is a biased bit of research if you ask me.

They are lumping in what was never meant to be non-opinion news on FNC into the other less watched channels who run boring news only pieces all day long.

And you're doing the same things as that Green guy, you're doing what you accuse FNC of doing.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall
    It says further in the article that most of what FNC runs is opinion based reports most of the time. Meaning they bring in both sides of an issue and then have the ppl they brought in fight it out. It is a biased bit of research if you ask me.

And you're doing the same things as that Green guy, you're doing what you accuse FNC of doing.
    Hi, I am that "Green guy" and I did that for irony. Frankly I am not on a personal crusade against Fox. I find Fox important in the national debate. But I call what I see from that outlet and I see a conservative bias. (nothing wrong with that as long as you can admit that btw)

This article is not advancing the idea that FNC brings both sides of the issue to the table. I don't see anything in this that substantiates the fair and balanced claim. The article says "more deeply sourced". The last thread posted with data from research showed a 2:1 bias toward conservative readings of issues on fox.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMts
    Hi, I am that "Green guy" and I did that for irony. Frankly I am not on a personal crusade against Fox. I find Fox important in the national debate. But I call what I see from that outlet and I see a conservative bias. (nothing wrong with that as long as you can admit that btw)

This article is not advancing the idea that FNC brings both sides of the issue to the table. I don't see anything in this that substantiates the fair and balanced claim. The article says "more deeply sourced". The last thread posted with data from research showed a 2:1 bias toward conservative readings of issues on fox.
    In short the article is full of it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall
    In short the article is full of it.
    OK. If that is what you think why didnt you say that in the first place.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMts
    OK. If that is what you think why didnt you say that in the first place.
    I did.

It is a biased bit of research if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finataxia24

read the rest at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Mar13.html
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CNN spokeswoman Christa Robinson says
    CNN Spokeswoman puts down FNC? Whats next? Pepsi dislikes Coke? Of course, the competitor of a corporation will approve of any negative propaganda ag that corporation.
    Quote Quote