Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: misuse of talent

  1. -1
    plc001's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    240
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    misuse of talent

    If both carey and wade excel in their new positions, wouldn't that say alot about the aweful misuse of talent with the old coaching staff. That would be a large part of why we were underachieving. It's interesting that these players are being considered for different roles, at least shows the new coaching staff thinks outside the box.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    jbond's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2003
    Posts:
    2,072
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    JAREDMANN's Avatar
    Seau's Slut

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    522
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hope all it was is a misuse of talent because they were terrible last year
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually hope our OL goes like this

    LT- St. Clair
    LG- James
    C- Smith
    RG- Carey
    RT- McDougle

    An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    7,227
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaj
    I actually hope our OL goes like this

    LT- St. Clair
    LG- James
    C- Smith
    RG- Carey
    RT- McDougle

    An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.
    Carey's worst year at Miami was at RG! Thats the worst thing we could do to him. hes shown he can handle playing in space and that he can be a very good Tackle. Its much harder to find an good player who can play out there. St Clair is better equiped to play inside because his mobility and experience (Center in college) would allow him to get out on LB's and Safeties making him a great asset there.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    7,227
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaj
    Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.
    Except that McDougle has never played inside, doesnt move that great because of his weight and has the chance to be a dominant RT making it a foolish move. St Clair has that versitility and the ability to make such a move as well as some experience.

    Another option would be playing Smith at C and ST Clair at RG. That kind of mobility would allow us to do a lot in respect to pulling the those guys or sending them upfield to attack a certain area/player
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    532
    vCash:
    1240
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbond
    Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.
    This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

    I went through this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Jaj's Avatar
    What you say?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2003
    Posts:
    13,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDurham
    This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

    I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    McDougle can play RG if he loses a little bit of weight.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    7,227
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDurham
    This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

    I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    Well some people like Pete Carroll and Lou Holtz are simply better equiped to handle the college level. they were/are both great recruiters because of their honesty and ability to teach as well as be nice guys but that doesnt always work with pro athletes. The methods have to change and adaptable. I wouldnt be at all surprised if pitt became a good program because parents want to know that their son will be taken care of and for all wanny's bad points hes not a bad guy and he does know defense.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Common spelling mistakes/misuse of words
    By Dolphan7 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 09:22 PM
  2. Is our offensive young talent ahead of the defensive talent now?
    By Bonedoc7777 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM
  3. Believing in Team Talent or Individual Talent with FA's
    By 3rdandinches in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 09:38 PM
  4. The Misuse of Language and Fighting Evils in Society
    By Maynard the Hammer in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 11:32 PM
  5. Broncos SS Kennedy suspended for misuse of helmet
    By dolphan39 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-15-2002, 10:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •