Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: misuse of talent

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

misuse of talent

If both carey and wade excel in their new positions, wouldn't that say alot about the aweful misuse of talent with the old coaching staff. That would be a large part of why we were underachieving. It's interesting that these players are being considered for different roles, at least shows the new coaching staff thinks outside the box.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seau's Slut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hope all it was is a misuse of talent because they were terrible last year
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    What you say?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I actually hope our OL goes like this

LT- St. Clair
    LG- James
    C- Smith
    RG- Carey
    RT- McDougle

An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaj
    I actually hope our OL goes like this

LT- St. Clair
    LG- James
    C- Smith
    RG- Carey
    RT- McDougle

An athletic left side of the line. If Smith can make the transition then a quick center with good leg drive. The right side would be huge.
    Carey's worst year at Miami was at RG! Thats the worst thing we could do to him. hes shown he can handle playing in space and that he can be a very good Tackle. Its much harder to find an good player who can play out there. St Clair is better equiped to play inside because his mobility and experience (Center in college) would allow him to get out on LB's and Safeties making him a great asset there.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    What you say?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaj
    Wade Smith I think actually is faster than St. Clair believe it or not on the inside. St. Clair has long arms to play LT. It's possible Carey might play RT and if McDougle were moved inside it might be better. Your right that is a possibility.
    Except that McDougle has never played inside, doesnt move that great because of his weight and has the chance to be a dominant RT making it a foolish move. St Clair has that versitility and the ability to make such a move as well as some experience.

Another option would be playing Smith at C and ST Clair at RG. That kind of mobility would allow us to do a lot in respect to pulling the those guys or sending them upfield to attack a certain area/player
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbond
    Not only a misue of talent but more pointedly the ineptitude for judging talent.
    This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

I went through this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    What you say?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDurham
    This is why I'm arguing with the deranged Pitt fans thinking St. Dumbsh*t is their Lord and Savior. That's going to be MY team next year, whether I like it or not (if I get into Pitt grad school, does that mean I have to root for everything Pitt for now on?), so I figure I'd better warn them and warn them hard. How do they respond? A few months ago, they banned me. I must have been taken off the ban list, because I just posted to that site again. This time, they deleted the posts, claiming that I should post them in the "rivalry/smack" forum rather than the real football forum. Who the hell are these Pitt fans to say anything anyways? I'd rather have the best Panther to ever play the game give his $.02 (and I'm sure you know about whom I'm talking) than hear these people have diarrhea of the mouth.

I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    McDougle can play RG if he loses a little bit of weight.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NYC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BullDurham

I went with this with Carl Franks at Duke (hometown hero taking leaky ship and sinking it). I do NOT want to go through this again with Pitt.
    Well some people like Pete Carroll and Lou Holtz are simply better equiped to handle the college level. they were/are both great recruiters because of their honesty and ability to teach as well as be nice guys but that doesnt always work with pro athletes. The methods have to change and adaptable. I wouldnt be at all surprised if pitt became a good program because parents want to know that their son will be taken care of and for all wanny's bad points hes not a bad guy and he does know defense.
    Quote Quote