Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How bad are Crowder's knees?

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How bad are Crowder's knees?

They way Kiper described the condition of Crowder's knees, he made it sound like it would be a miracle if he could even play at all. Does anybody have any insight into this?

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pretty bad, from the reports.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He got a letter from his doctor saying that his knees are fine. He's had four surgeries on his knees, so there are some questions.

However, based on ability alone, this guy is the best linebacker in the draft. Go look at my top 32, and you will see that I had him as the 13th best player period.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This was a defensive move in more than one way. I am very sure that New England was prepared to select the guy at the end of the third round if we did not get him, and New England wouldn't care if he's only got a 5 year career ahead of him, because they need help in 2005 with Bruschi probably out for the year.

Channing Crowder would have been dangerous as a Patriot. We stole him from them.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The name's Bond...James Bond.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, Crowder was a near-certain first round pick before the medical reports came out. Some teams took him off their board entirely, but there was still, from what I heard, a lot of interest in late round 2/early round 3. Kiper's talk about him being a second day pick was silly, given his huge upside.
    Crowder's a boom or bust pick, there's no getting around it. He's either going to be a star, or he's out of the NFL in two or three years.

Check out some of my other work:

• Dr. Stats, the best fantasy football site on the internet, with weekly projections and plenty of regular articles.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21
    He got a letter from his doctor saying that his knees are fine. He's had four surgeries on his knees, so there are some questions.

However, based on ability alone, this guy is the best linebacker in the draft. Go look at my top 32, and you will see that I had him as the 13th best player period.
    You're a Gator fan right? If you are, did you make this assessment keeping in mind his physical condition and without a Gator Goggles? I'm just asking cuz I''m trying to get an objective scoop.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    NFLDraftCountdown has him as the best ILB in the draft.

Is it 3am yet?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    TV Doctor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Regarding his injuries, Channing was recently examined by doctor James Andrews, who had this to say about Channing's knees."Both knees are stable at this time with no evidence of any degenerative changes. There is no reason this young man cannot continue to play football, even at the highest level, with the current status of his knees. I feel confident the patient is not at any increased risk of having additional ACL tears."

Regarding this doctor, James Andrews (I researched whether this guy was a paid quack and found this on an independent site, not the one with that report):

Dr. James Andrews is the Co-Founder of the Alabama Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, the medical director for numerous sports teams, and a leading pioneer in sports medicine. He is widely recognized for his role in advancing the field of knee, shoulder and elbow surgery. He has mentored over 125 fellows throughout the course of his academic career, and is considered one of the foremost orthopaedic surgeons and sports doctors in the world. Over the course of his career, he has operated on a remarkable number of prominent athletes, including Troy Aikman, Roger Clemens, and Jack Nicklaus.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    DOLPHIN FAN SINCE 1970

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he was 18 and replaced his acl with a transplant....but he had surgery on both knees
    he has been healthy since sitting out 2002.

if he stays healthy he is a ray lewis type.....good in coverage and a smash mouth hitter...like a saftey in the short range coverage ..........would of gone 1st rnd if he wasn't in a bar fight.....but saban tried to recruit him and knows him well!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No. I'm a Mississippi State fan.
    Quote Quote