Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 24 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official Star Wars: Episode III Review Thread* (SPOILERS INSIDE)

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

*Official Star Wars: Episode III Review Thread*

Well it's finally out. What were your thoughts on the final chapter of the Star Wars saga? Did it live up to your expectations...or do you feel the force is gone? (how DARE you feel that way! ) Post your reviews here. Don't forget to add spoiler warnings for those who don't want to be spoiled.

I'll be posting my review tomorrow.

:vader: :saber: :maul: :jedi: :saberfigh
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I made two posts here....

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...26#post1225926

Was a really good movie IMO. Certainly more action than the other two combined. But we knew that was the way it was going to be 8 years ago.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Man of Steel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (spoilers!!!)

EDIT: Muck, I was writing mine when NA got done posting his. You can merge or whatever.

If you've seen the movie (I just got back) let's talk about it.

My funny Story before the movie

We get to the Theater early, and are one of the first people there (four of us). That's awesome...

We wait, and wait and wait. Finally it's 12:01, time to start the movie. We're half way done with War of the worlds trailer, and guess what? The ****ing projector (digital theater isn't finished yet, although I will go to the digital theater in another part of the state to watch it again, just not tonight) screws up... It's starts mangling the damn movie... Are you joking?

The Manager comes on over the loud speaker and says we have technical difficulties... The entire crowd at the same times says "****!!!" We were kinda pissed and worried. He then comes on the loud speaker AGAIN... "We're calling a technician, and we'll be done shortly."

As we wait, the entire crowd is chanting "Start the movie!!" After awhile it gets lame... Then a couple of people get up and move to the front. They have lightsabers and are dressed as Vader and a Jedi (we'll assume Kenobi for the fun of it). We tell the manager to dim the lights, and we're watching a lightsaber duel (these were not those $5 LS you watch at Wallmart, but the expensive ones with glow rods and sound effects, the guys said they cost $300..)

So we're all laughing and clapping (we've been there for 3 hours now, why not?). They do some stuff and it's fun to watch for the time being. Finally, the movie restarts (as we watch the trailers again) and the movie starts...

Revenge of the Sith movie thoughts...

I read the book, and the one thing that threw me off is the speed of the movie. It takes pages and pages to get threw some scenes, but this was quicker and I wasn't as prepared. I don't read many books that are turned into movies. The once scene that was really quick was Count Dooku vs. Anakin/Kenobi. The book has a lot more action, and made Dooku seem relevant as where it didn't in this movie... But since I read the book, I already understood what his importance was.

Great movie. The one thing I was afraid of was the relationship between Kenobi and Skywalker. In the book, these guys are really like brothers, and you didn't (IMO) get that feeling in the movie. But since I read the book, it didn't bother me because I knew what was going on and how sad the final fight was (Get the book, it's fantastic).

This movie will be remembered for the temple raid and beyond. When the little younglings (Jedi children) come out and ask Skywalker if everything was OK, and he ignited his Saber the entire crowd was like "**** No...." The Jedi purge montage was sad, but very well done.

The one thing scene that didn't do it for me was when Vader was getting his suit. I liked the scene, but there's so much more to it in the book. I know some people will hate the part when Vader says "NOOOO!!!!" but you gotta take it context.

In the book, the last time we deal with Anakin/Vader is a piece called "This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker: forever." It details his sadness and the fact he lost the one he loved so much. He hates himself for it. Phsyically he can never control his breathing, and speaks with this booming voice that comes from no where because his lips were burned off, etc... He wants to die. However, the one person who'll always love him/accept him is Sidious (the shadow is what he's called in the book). And he now has this weird loyalty to him (which is why he tells Luke he can't betray his master in ROTJ).

The movie is very sad. Not only because of what's happening, but because of all the ways it connects to the OT (original trilogy) and it's the last SW movie.

9/10. I knew ALL the spoilers before the movie, but was still very surprised. You can read dialog, but until you see it preformed, you don't have a clue. Great movie and IMO made the PT better as a whole (It was make or break, IMO).

Just my 2 cents. How did you like it?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Jukebox Hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AMAZING!!!

I'm gonna say 9.5/10

There were a couple things i didnt like how mace was totallying owning palps and then anakin got him. Also I didnt really like how quickly anakin turned i was so sure this movie was gonna take like 2 hours for anakin to turn to darth vader and over to the dark side but i was wrong. I might go see it again today

The Obi and Anakin duel was much anticipated and definitely delivered way more than expected

General Grevous proved to be my favorite character of the movie like I said!!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm out
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Excellent movie! I like what Hostile7 said about how sad and angry Anakin was, that should have been emphasized more in the end. Anyway, it was a great movie.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Olney, IL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Loved it, will probably see it agian, and cant wait till the DVD comes out to see if anything was cut out.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Gone

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile7
    As we wait, the entire crowd is chanting "Start the movie!!" After awhile it gets lame... Then a couple of people get up and move to the front. They have lightsabers and are dressed as Vader and a Jedi (we'll assume Kenobi for the fun of it). We tell the manager to dim the lights, and we're watching a lightsaber duel (these were not those $5 LS you watch at Wallmart, but the expensive ones with glow rods and sound effects, the guys said they cost $300..)
    I'd have been yelling "GEEKS!!!" at the top of my lungs.

We really do need to get all the Trekkers and all the Star Wars Geeks into a big arena to fight it out to the death! :roflmao:

And before you start flaming me, I LOVE Star Wars....I just wouldn't be dressed as Vader going to a movie theater, for f*ck's sake!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Man of Steel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan

I'd have been yelling "GEEKS!!!" at the top of my lungs.

We really do need to get all the Trekkers and all the Star Wars Geeks into a big arena to fight it out to the death! :roflmao:

And before you start flaming me, I LOVE Star Wars....I just wouldn't be dressed as Vader going to a movie theater, for f*ck's sake!
    Haha, I agree... I'm not a hardcore fan (although I did really start paying more attention after ATOC) but I do like the series a lot. Dressing up is kinda lame, but whatever.

You gotta imagine that most of us were waiting a long *** time. Anything that was somewhat entertaining was multiplied 5x.

Anyone remember Triumph on Connan? He was ripping on everyone who were waiting. Then he brought a guy dressed as Spock who gave them the finger. I gotta find that video and watch it again. It was awesome.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Gone

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile7
    Anyone remember Triumph on Connan? He was ripping on everyone who were waiting. Then he brought a guy dressed as Spock who gave them the finger. I gotta find that video and watch it again. It was awesome.
    Now that I'd like to see!

I used to laugh my a$$ off back in the 70's when I used to go see "Rocky Horror" and watch the fools who dressed as Frank N. Furter.

Absolutely hilarious!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    I also was at a MidNight showing and I agree, Episode III was AMAZING!

Quote Quote