Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Devil's Advocate

  1. -1
    Steve S's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    347
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Devil's Advocate

    What does this say to the team and the rooks if Saban does take Cracky Williams back?

    Zach and Jason can say all the right things publicly but nobody believes that they want this back stabbing, selfish prick who only cares about his next high and the right media coverage back.

    He F%&ked an entire team, coaching staff and fan base last year and no idiotic Wannstedt bashing can change what he did or what he is- a pathetic, excuse making, terminally clueless out for himself turd.

    I do not believe Belichick would ever, ever do this. Nor would he bring back Dave Boston.

    They aren't and never were team guys. How is Saban supposed to build a new atmosphere when 2 of the same kinds of players who have haunted this franchise with their criminal and erratic behavior are welcomed back. It makes no sense to me. Is Channing Crowder supposed to listen when the team tells him "no more crap from you or you're out of the league"?

    You Boston and Ricky apologists can talk about talent all you want.

    The funny thing is that both guys due to injuries and layoffs will probably never be as good as they were or could have been.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    stan marino's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2002
    Posts:
    1,977
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont want Ricky back personally. Id rather that chapter get left behind with Wannstedt and Fiedler.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    18,554
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How can you compare Boston to Ricky? Boston never quit on his team, he did everything that he was asked.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    234
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Niagara, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by byroan
    How can you compare Boston to Ricky? Boston never quit on his team, he did everything that he was asked.
    Yeah really, were just giving Boston another chance, he really wants to play here, he turned down a much larger amount of money and came here for the vets minimum. Although I, personally would like to see Ricky back, he quit on our team and you CAN'T compare the two teams.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Steve S's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    347
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stan marino
    I dont want Ricky back personally. Id rather that chapter get left behind with Wannstedt and Fiedler.
    Yes, thank you. If we're bringing Ricky back to trade him someday soon, OK, but I get the feeling Saban wants it both ways. He wants to win now with rooks and proven vets and is willing to allow at least two major players to come back despite major characters issues.

    To me, the potential problems both turds bring far outweigh what they might do on the field.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Steve S's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    347
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPhinFan
    Yeah really, were just giving Boston another chance, he really wants to play here, he turned down a much larger amount of money and came here for the vets minimum. Although I, personally would like to see Ricky back, he quit on our team and you CAN'T compare the two teams.
    Boston has been trouble EVERYWHERE he's been, whether it was on the field or in airports.

    This is a guy who is more into bodybuilding than football, who once told a DB in practice not to hit him too hard b/c he just got nipple rings.

    He's not a player anymore, he's a friggin' sideshow.

    I can compare him to Cracky Williams all day b/c they are both druggies who care more about irrelevant crap than football and who are both only in it now for the money.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    234
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Niagara, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S
    I can compare him to Cracky Williams all day b/c they are both druggies who care more about irrelevant crap than football and who are both only in it now for the money.
    If Boston was in it JUST for the money, why in the world would be accept vets minimum?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    razorphin's Avatar
    dad of doll

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    128
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it says...I WANT TO WIN...NOW!!!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    BenchFiedler's Avatar
    Undrafted Pro-Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    1,953
    vCash:
    2079
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Look. Saban is a no B.S. guy...I'm sure one single, tiny mistakes that one of them will make will result in a pink slip...
    If I was the one getting that pounding that Ricky endured, I would quit too and not ask for a new contract like T.O. There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's India...Come on, the guy was abused and taken advantge off...I know he is weird and all but I'm more than positive that he did not quit football to smoke weed.
    Did you know that a running back career is the shortest among all other positions.
    Imagine a Roy Williams or a John Lynch coming to tackle you?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    stan marino's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2002
    Posts:
    1,977
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchFiedler
    Look. Saban is a no B.S. guy...I'm sure one single, tiny mistakes that one of them will make will result in a pink slip...
    If I was the one getting that pounding that Ricky endured, I would quit too and not ask for a new contract like T.O. There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's India...Come on, the guy was abused and taken advantge off...I know he is weird and all but I'm more than positive that he did not quit football to smoke weed.
    Did you know that a running back career is the shortest among all other positions.
    Imagine a Roy Williams or a John Lynch coming to tackle you?
    Sure Wannstedt's offense was boring and predictable, but this is the same Ricky Williams that was upset he was getting taken out on 3rd downs in his first year with us...His reasoning for leaving has been all over the place i dont feel sorry for him a bit. The overworked crap is exactly that crap.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Snoop the Anti-Gun advocate
    By finomenal in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
  2. Not that I'm an advocate but.........
    By calmrage in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 11:17 AM
  3. Let's Play Devils Advocate
    By mrodriguez4096 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
  4. I am going to advocate for Jesse Lumsden..
    By Lee2000 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
  5. playing devils advocate
    By His Dudeness in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •