Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality!

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The only real issue coming up this season may be our expectations and reality!

Reality and our expectations as fans may not meet at the necessary point this year. I am lowering my expectations, as a coping mechanism, and anything above those expectations will be a nice surprise. I expect issues with a new coaching staff/communication, a new system, and team chemistry to be as much an issue as Feeley or Williams. It just makes common sense that such adjustments will make it difficult for this team to perform much better than last year. Maybe 6 to 8 wins. Anything above that would be nice fantasy. I have hope, but tempered with reality.

Lee2000 Blinking Lights And Other Revelations

p.s., for those of you who do not want someone to speak all-inclusive I will re-phrase my title; my expectations and reality versus ours ....
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been trying to be as realistic as possible. I'm thinking it is realistic to be predicting that we'll be in the range of 7-9 wins this season. That's what I've been saying all along. And I agree anything above that would be a nice ADDED BONUS. I think I've done a good job not setting myself up with high expectations incase there's a downfall.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000
    Reality and our expectations as fans may not meet at the necessary point this year. I am lowering my expectations, as a coping mechanism, and anything above those expectations will be a nice surprise. I expect issues with a new coaching staff/communication, a new system, and team chemistry to be as much an issue as Feeley or Williams. It just makes common sense that such adjustments will make it difficult for this team to perform much better than last year. Maybe 6 to 8 wins. Anything above that would be nice fantasy. I have hope, but tempered with reality.

Lee2000 Blinking Lights And Other Revelations

p.s., for those of you who do not want someone to speak all-inclusive I will re-phrase my title; my expectations and reality versus ours ....
    There's just enough question marks to temper my enthusiasium, but enough talent to keep me glue to the seat for games..it should be an interesting year. The places I expect to have break downs won't disappoint me as much knowing going in. I'm hoping for some pleasant suprises..but my feet on defintely on the ground.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    • Saban: Expectations lead to Frustration. We are focusing on one play at a time. You don't think about a planting a flag at the top of the mountain while your standing in base camp.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've always stated we will finish about 6-10. Moderate improvement and a shot at one of the 4 premier LT's in next years draft
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the problem is, is that anything is possible.
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedayafter

• Saban: Expectations lead to Frustration. We are focusing on one play at a time. You don't think about a planting a flag at the top of the mountain while your standing in base camp.

Nice quote. Ive got a good feeling about them this year but im not making any predictions.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since 2000 17 teams with losing records from the previous year made the play-offs the following year....
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thedayafter

Well said. Great quote.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by painnotpleasure
    I've been trying to be as realistic as possible. I'm thinking it is realistic to be predicting that we'll be in the range of 7-9 wins this season. That's what I've been saying all along. And I agree anything above that would be a nice ADDED BONUS. I think I've done a good job not setting myself up with high expectations incase there's a downfall.
    :yeahthat:
    Quote Quote