Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: will the xbox 360 be able to play xbox games?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Varies From Day to Day
    Thanks / No Thanks

will the xbox 360 be able to play xbox games?

i tought is was supposed too but my buddy told me that the 360 wouldnt be able to play xbox games. is this true?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will be able to play "top selling" xbox games.... What does that mean? It means the emulator they will pack in the 360 will not be tested on all games (mostly first party I bet). I'm sure the emulator will be updatable via live when a gime is in high demand.

2009 Fanhell.com Fantasy Football Champion
    My Adopt-a-Fin is "Big Hit" Tony Bua
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Haha, charade you are!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    at first they said only the most popular XBOX games would be playable but now they're saying they are working on having all XBOX games work on 360
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Varies From Day to Day
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsrule84
    at first they said only the most popular XBOX games would be playable but now they're saying they are working on having all XBOX games work on 360
    i hope so
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The latest EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) which has the Xbox 360 on the cover says that the Xbox 360 will NOT have have BC, which is just wrong. There will be a lot of people who claim to have read that the Xbox 360 can't play Xbox games, but EGM jumped the gun, as this was before MS announced that it would.

Basiclly they need to test the emulator with EVERY game, and tweak it as needed. Most of the popular game emulators will ship with the system, on the hard drive, and updates will no doubt come through Xbox Live and the OXM demo disk.

BC sounds good in theory, and there are a few games like Halo 2 I want to keep playing, but with a next gen system I want next gen games! I'll be keeping an Xbox around anyway, so BC is not a huge issue for me.
    Caution: Opinions expressed may NOT be those of staff, management, or advertisers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Dolphin
    The latest EGM (Electronic Gaming Monthly) which has the Xbox 360 on the cover says that the Xbox 360 will NOT have have BC, which is just wrong. There will be a lot of people who claim to have read that the Xbox 360 can't play Xbox games, but EGM jumped the gun, as this was before MS announced that it would.

Basiclly they need to test the emulator with EVERY game, and tweak it as needed. Most of the popular game emulators will ship with the system, on the hard drive, and updates will no doubt come through Xbox Live and the OXM demo disk.

BC sounds good in theory, and there are a few games like Halo 2 I want to keep playing, but with a next gen system I want next gen games! I'll be keeping an Xbox around anyway, so BC is not a huge issue for me.
    I agree 100%. Seriously.... How many PS1 games did you play on your PS2? And for how long. BC is cool, but not as nessesary as people make it sound.

It's the Revolutions only selling point right now. Pathetic.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Man of Steel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mor911
    I agree 100%. Seriously.... How many PS1 games did you play on your PS2? And for how long. BC is cool, but not as nessesary as people make it sound.

It's the Revolutions only selling point right now. Pathetic.
    It's not pathetic, because we know nothing about the revolution. They haven't said much, and what they did say is kinda cool (and it will be free). I don't know about you, but Mike Tyson's punch out was awesome. I want to play it again...

Also, rumor has it Microsoft has a trojan horse in the XB360 HD. When Sony luanches the PS2 (they say Q1 of 06, but it'll be Q4 of 06) then MS will announce something about the 360 (to many rumors to list of what it might be).

However, BC is important for people who've got giant game collections. Since I don't, It doesn't bother me.
    Quote Quote