Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 18 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is AIDS a gay disease?

1. -1
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is AIDS a gay disease?

I think we are all aware that a man can get HIV from a woman. But statistically the chance of getting HIV through v@ginal intercourse ranges from 1:100 to 1:500. Conversely, stats show that anal intercourse has a 1:3 chance of infection. Look at the graph below (2003)

Let's be honest. Obviously one can contract HIV without being gay. But with the stats so heavily skewed for gays and drug users, is calling this disease a gay disease that far off? Look at the trends for just the last 3 years. Male to male sexual contact is the only one that has steadily increased in just the last 3 years alone. Just curious about anyone else's interpretation.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two problems...Firstly, anal intercourse isn't exclusive to the gay community. Secondly, there are a lot more heterosexuals than homosexuals. Combine the two and AIDS becomes A problem, not a gay problem. The real distinction between AIDS and many other diseases is that AIDS is an easily PREVENTABLE problem. It could be wiped out in one generation.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinPhan1227
    Two problems...Firstly, anal intercourse isn't exclusive to the gay community. Secondly, there are a lot more heterosexuals than homosexuals. Combine the two and AIDS becomes A problem, not a gay problem. The real distinction between AIDS and many other diseases is that AIDS is an easily PREVENTABLE problem. It could be wiped out in one generation.
    Lots more heterosexual people, but a lot less heterosexual AIDS cases. I understand anal intercourse happens with hetros...can you explain why then there is a 3:1 difference in AIDS cases with gays..especially considering the fact that it is estimated that gays only comprise 10% of the population.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can get aids a bunch of different ways, no it's not just a gay thing.

A lot of people got it thru blood transfusions in the early 80's before a lot of this testing. And to this day in some third world countries.

Drug Addicts sharing needles is a big cause also.

Also just being a hospital worker and in the field, being stuck with dirty needles.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    Lots more heterosexual people, but a lot less heterosexual AIDS cases. I understand anal intercourse happens with hetros...can you explain why then there is a 3:1 difference in AIDS cases with gays..especially considering the fact that it is estimated that gays only comprise 10% of the population.

Probably it's the frequency of anal intercourse. That and the promiscuous lifestyle of much of the gay community. But the biggest problem with calling it a "gay disease" is that when that 16 year old boy and girl are about to "do the deed", they don't need to be thinking of AIDS as a gay disease. They need to be thinking of it as their potential death certificate if they don't use protection. It's a dangerous label if it makes those who are not gay feel any less at risk. And since polls of teenagers HAS produced the "its a gay disease" answer, the danger is very real.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Punk Exterminator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    I refuse to believe that this nation is 10% gay.
    No way No how.
    I believe I can fly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Den54
    No way No how.
    I've never heard the 10% figure. The only figures I've ever heard were 3-4%.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not a gay disease, although it appears to spread faster within the male to male sexual contact. Is that because of the nature of the disease? or the lifestyle?

The 10% figure I believe is propaganda to push the homosexual agenda that it is normal etc....blah blah blah. In reality I believe it is somewhere around 1-2%.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Den54
    No way No how.

How would you know? Take a look at the New Jersey governor. Think he would answer yes to any survey which asked if he was gay? Think he was unique? I'd say that 1-3% of the population is openly gay, but none of us know what the real number is.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7
    It's not a gay disease, although it appears to spread faster within the male to male sexual contact. Is that because of the nature of the disease? or the lifestyle?

The 10% figure I believe is propaganda to push the homosexual agenda that it is normal etc....blah blah blah. In reality I believe it is somewhere around 1-2%.

How in the world would you know? You're trying to guess how many people out there are in the closet.
    Quote Quote