Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dem's fantasies

1. -1
    Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks

dem's fantasies

In the Capitol basement yesterday, long-suffering House Democrats took a trip to the land of make-believe.

The moderate Democrats need to put a muzzel on the radical elements of their party. It is playing right into the hands of the conservatives and will guarantee a generation of Republican rule in the House and Senate.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The fantasy will come true in 2007. The Clinton Impeachment will pale in comparison.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I doubt it. There have been elections in Afganistan, in Iraq. Women have voted for their presidents. As much as some would like to shine a spot light on the areas of Abu Ghraib, and as long as Democrats compare our military to the nazi's or the President's policies to that of Pol Pot, then the D's will forever be in the minority.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Congress' approval rating is at 30%, and that number appears to be going nowhere but down. If we have a recession next year, I think we might see as many as 70 new House Democrats and eight new Democratic Senators. Either way, the Democrats are poised to pick up a ton of seats, and will certainly pick up at least a few, in both chambers no matter what happens between now and then. There is absolutely no way the Republicans will pick up seats for a fourth straight election.

Bush's approval rating on SS is at 25%. The number has dropped about 25 points in the past six months. Poll after poll shows that the more people hear about his plan the more likely they are to oppose it. Average folks still do not trust Republicans when it comes to Social Security and Medicare. If Bush continues to push this, and forces congressional Republicans to have a vote on it (Trust me, it has NO CHANCE of getting passed without a single Democratic vote) the Republican Party will lose their majority status in the House and Senate.

All in all, Bush's SS proposal has become the Republican Party's equivalent of Hillary-care and congressional Republicans ought to be very afraid. Their majority status is very much in jeopardy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    If we have a recession next year,
    Are you seriously hoping for a recession? Isn't that a bit, pathetic? You want to hang your hopes on the possibility of Americans losing jobs, homeless families, and starving children?

That is a very sad state to be in, Blitz.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMoney
    Are you seriously hoping for a recession? Isn't that a bit, pathetic? You want to hang your hopes on the possibility of Americans losing jobs, homeless families, and starving children?

That is a very sad state to be in, Blitz.
    Obviously I'm not hoping for a recession, but it's only a matter of time and it certainly appears that we're on the fast track towards recession. It's foolish to believe that the nation is never going to have another recession, or that the Republicans will never lose control of Congress.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is foolish not to plan for that possibility, and to change policy and direct the country away from those possibilities with a sound economic policy.

I take issue with someone who obviously desires a collapse of the United States economy, just to "hopefully" get a few of his people in congress. It is just wrong and I can't believe someone would seriously desire that, and all that comes with it. It is clear that you haven't fully comprehended the impact of your wishes.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How dare you accuse me of hoping for a recession. Obviously I do not want that to happen, but one doesn't need to be a pessimist to realize that the economy is shaky, and it's very possible we are headed towards recession. If we do go into a recession, which would be terrible, there will be nobody to blame in the Democratic Party for it. This isn't rocket science. I've never ever hoped for a recession, unlike people like Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz
    ... unlike people like Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole.
    Link please?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Big Zonk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMoney
    Link please?
    Here you go
    Quote Quote