Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice... Feel free to berate me for asking for advice here

1. -1
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Need some advice... Feel free to berate me for asking for advice here

I have lived in Boynton Beach, Florida, my entire life and I know better than to take it for granted. I love the sun, beaches and my Dolphins. Last week I was offered a job from my brother to come work with him in New Orleans. The job is on a supply ship off the coast; I work two weeks on, two weeks off or three weeks on one week off. I would be earning between 90-110$ a day depending on what hazard level of work I would be willing to do. Durring the time on board room and board is provided for; cigarettes and other necessities are made available. Durring my off time I would not have to work and would be living easy in NOLA.
    The downside is that I would be leaving everything I have here. My friends, family, girlfriend and Dolphins tickets would be unfortunate casualtys of this. I cannot make up my mind so I am entrusting my future to the posters of Finheaven.

Discuss
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PassRush
    I have lived in Boynton Beach, Florida, my entire life and I know better than to take it for granted. I love the sun, beaches and my Dolphins. Last week I was offered a job from my brother to come work with him in New Orleans. The job is on a supply ship off the coast; I work two weeks on, two weeks off or three weeks on one week off. I would be earning between 90-110$ a day depending on what hazard level of work I would be willing to do. Durring the time on board room and board is provided for; cigarettes and other necessities are made available. Durring my off time I would not have to work and would be living easy in NOLA.
    The downside is that I would be leaving everything I have here. My friends, family, girlfriend and Dolphins tickets would be unfortunate casualtys of this. I cannot make up my mind so I am entrusting my future to the posters of Finheaven.

Discuss
    What kind of job would you be leaving?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pizza delivery, however I wrote a book which I just got published. It is set to hit shelfs in early January. The book is very marketable and my agent tells me I could stand to make alot of money off of it.

For the record, when I write I use a Writers Spellcheck; incase you were wondering how one could have a book published while having terrible spelling
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd stay in Florida if I were you. Just doesn't sound like much fun working on a ship. Plus everything you'd be leaving.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks

Discuss
    my best friend lives in biloxi and is a captain on a ship that you are refering to - he did the same thing and left florida - for us it's ft myers here on the west coast - (wayne is that you?) lol - anyways he called me last week and guess what? he misses his friends, family, dolphin tickets etc. and is coming home this winter for good... bottom line - if this is a good opportunity for you and you're looking for change, do it - nothing says you can't come back...

Lip Balm?

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good point, I always could come back. It is only a 15 or so hour drive so thats not too bad, I could drive down for a weekend every few months, mabey catch a few Fin games. The only real drawback is my girlfriend and I are starting to get close to the borderline of getting close to being something that could be easily mistaken for being serius. So I guess it comes down to Money vs. Ho

Money vs. Ho
    Money buys Ho's
    owned
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good point, I always could come back. It is only a 15 or so hour drive so thats not too bad, I could drive down for a weekend every few months, mabey catch a few Fin games. The only real drawback is my girlfriend and I are starting to get close to the borderline of getting close to being something that could be easily mistaken for being serius. So I guess it comes down to Money vs. Ho

Money vs. Ho
    Money buys Ho's
    owned
    ho vs money
    ho's own your money

who's your capt - let me know if his name ends up being wayne
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Drunken Sailor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portsmouth, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True. I will let you know
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Crank Yanker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Inside your head
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hey man, you gotta go with what you know.....

Discuss
    It's really basic if you break it down. Is that what you really want to do? Are your better interests, personally, in moving to N.O.? I think if you're really happier going over there then you should do it. Your true friends and family will understand, and your girlfriend will too. They will realize that it's what you want to do and it won't isolate you from them anymore than they want it to. Sometimes, you gotta think about what's best for you financially, and if you plan it right, it'll help your relationship with all of them in the long run. Good luck man, Jaydog.......:peace:
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How does one get a book published at 18? Did you know an agent already, or did you just write something and start shopping it around? I'm not a writer, just curious.

Quote Quote