Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX360 vs. PS3

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

XBOX360 vs. PS3

OK let me start off by saying that I have been a faithful PS and PS2 guy for the past 9 years. I had plans of reserving the PS3 when it came out so I went to EBgames to find out when that would be. I also started talking to the guys about the PS3 and they gave me some articles to read. After reading the articles and talking with the 2 people there (one of the guys was not an XBOX fan i might add) they basically said that for my needs, XBOX is the way to go. I'm pretty much just an online sports gamer with an occasional interest in shooting games. They talked about how much better XBOX live is than the PS2 online game (even though the XBOX live will cost $50/year) and how XBOX is best for sports and shooting games. To make a long story short, I reserved XBOX360. Do you think I made the right move? Does anybody have a link to sites where I can read unbiased reports on both of these systems?

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    dont act like your not impressed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    L.A.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think u made the right move if your into online games xbox live is the best i know its 50$ a year ,but when you think about it the network adapter for ps2 cost me 25$ then the mic was 25$ so its almost the same. if u can only get 1 system IMO the 360 is the way to go.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How is Xbox 360 better for sports games?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS25
    i think u made the right move if your into online games xbox live is the best i know its 50$ a year ,but when you think about it the network adapter for ps2 cost me 25$ then the mic was 25$ so its almost the same. if u can only get 1 system IMO the 360 is the way to go.

Considering the PS3 will come internet ready and you have to buy a mic for any system you buy that argument has no basis.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    L.A.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRush99
    Considering the PS3 will come internet ready and you have to buy a mic for any system you buy that argument has no basis.
    i was talkin about ps2 and the xbox live kit comes with a mic

edit: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/c...ldetails.shtml this says its free on the 360
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    L.A.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRush99
    How is Xbox 360 better for sports games?
    both sytems basically have the same games.its just a question which system u like better so i wouldnt switch systems judt for the sports games.but xbox has way better FPS games with the exeption of killzone
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS25

That's not the same thing. The network adapter came with both my ps2, the old and the new slim one.You just happened to buy your ps2 at the wrong time. So I spent $0 on network adapters. My mic was $30, something I don't even use. This is just a one time fee. You plan on playing Xbox live for more than one year, so that adds up. The online price alone will stop me from buying the new Xbox if the ps3 internet is still free.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by byroan
    That's not the same thing. The network adapter came with both my ps2, the old and the new slim one.You just happened to buy your ps2 at the wrong time. So I spent $0 on network adapters. My mic was $30, something I don't even use. This is just a one time fee. You plan on playing Xbox live for more than one year, so that adds up. The online price alone will stop me from buying the new Xbox if the ps3 internet is still free.
    Have you heard anything about the XBOX Live? Again, I've been a faithful PS and PS2 gamer for 9 years but the XBOX live capabilites sound like they are way better than what I've gotten free w/ the PS2.

I must say that if I do go w/ the XBOX, it will a hard adjustment since I've been loyal to Sony all of these years. I'm not looking to make a change for the sake of making a change. I'm looking to get the most out of my gaming experience.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Gone

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guys, what's with the bitching about paying for XBox live? $50 a year? You guys that cheap you can't spring $4.16 a month? THAT will determine which system you choose? You make it sound like it's gonna put you in the poor house.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought there were going to be TWO levels of XBOX Live? One Free and one where you pay where you get to DL maps and other things earlier than anyone else.
    Quote Quote