Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I guess our Running D is no longer weak

1. -1
    Undrafted Pro-Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal
    Thanks / No Thanks

I guess our Running D is no longer weak

Since we got Wright and this guy weighs in at 329 pounds...This is a big body next to Keith Traylor and I guess hopefully Chester could come back....
    There is really no playbook for wright since his job is to line his fat self and stop the run...

Do you think we are set at DT...He might even be able to supplant Zgonina because he is undersized at 290 pounds.

I guess our only weakness now on defense is at Free Safety and CB...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Squish The Fish!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buffalo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wright will not get much playing time this year. Its going to take time for him to develop, so no, Wright will not improve your Running D this year

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    but it still will be better then last year will the additions of Traylor and Carter
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Benchfiedler, Dominizzo wants his thread back.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    who says he wouldn't start...... he's got all the physical tools he just needs to be widdled a little..... so I don't think you can say he won't start..... im not saying he is or isn't
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KGUNBILLS
    Wright will not get much playing time this year. Its going to take time for him to develop, so no, Wright will not improve your Running D this year
    I don't see him making a huge impact this year either, but he will play somewhat I think. Especially towards the end of the year.

I think the middle of our D-line will be OK. Traylor is a run stuffer, and Kevin Carter can definitely hold up at the point of attack. He can also penetrate into the backfield.

If Chester comes back healthy, that's just a plus, and Dario Romero doesn't get enough credit.

It will also help that JT will get double teams, meaning that less people will block Traylor or Carter.
    ...and if they dont, SACK by #99.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wright will play some every game if Chester retires if Chester doesn't then Wright won't play too much this year
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    First thing I was worried about was his bench pressing ability. But then it came to me, I dont give a damn if the kid puts up 225 five times, as long as his "football" strength comes out and dominates. If he can do that, he can help us this year, and quite possibly solve our whole in the D line.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    D-Unit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FuturePhin
    First thing I was worried about was his bench pressing ability. But then it came to me, I dont give a damn if the kid puts up 225 five times, as long as his "football" strength comes out and dominates. If he can do that, he can help us this year, and quite possibly solve our whole in the D line.
    Very good point. Weight room strength isnt the end all be all of a football player. Leverage, quickness, body position, all play important factors. If there is a down side to a player, you'd rather it be his weight room strength, as it can be improved from consistent work outs.

Im excitied about this pick up, not only because of the player we got, but also because of the value (as a fifth round pick). Also, getting him in a supplemental draft, in a way, allowed us to leap frog a year ahead. This way, next year when K. Traylor will most likely retire, our replacement for him wont be a true rookie, and instead will be Wright, with a year experince under his belt. Making it all an awesome addtion!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unless Write can fall down and not get moved, chances are he isn't playing this year. I would imagine that it would be a stretch to believe that he will be a starter after this season. If he becomes a solid contributor the year after this year I would be surprised.
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote