Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We are in trouble (with the site)

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will send a money order soon...not sure how much but i'll try to contribute.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why don't you just charge people a membership fee of 5$ per year?

I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to give money and the site will still be closed down.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Talking out of my butt!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BillsZone.com just made a $50 donation to keep your sorry @sses of welfare......
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plymouth, Ma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by inFINSible
    Why don't you just charge people a membership fee of 5$ per year?

I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to give money and the site will still be closed down.
    That would be a bad move inFINsible. I have seen forums try that and have ended up losing members.

Just food for thought here (from a non-Fins fan). Given you have a membership base of 1000+ if you could do a donation drive asking for even a minimum of $5 you would exceed the annual amount necessary to keep this up and running. Anything given above that would be gravy (so to speak)

One of the Packer sites does that every fall and they raise close to 2k every year.

I am not sure if I will continue to visit this forum since we do not play the Fins again (unless we meet in SD), but if I decide to I will chip in a few bucks. Like I said, this is a cool site.

(at least now I know why I could not get into the forum here yesterday, thought you guys banned me )
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Squirrel
    That would be a bad move inFINsible. I have seen forums try that and have ended up losing members.

Just food for thought here (from a non-Fins fan). Given you have a membership base of 1000+ if you could do a donation drive asking for even a minimum of $5 you would exceed the annual amount necessary to keep this up and running. Anything given above that would be gravy (so to speak)

One of the Packer sites does that every fall and they raise close to 2k every year.

I am not sure if I will continue to visit this forum since we do not play the Fins again (unless we meet in SD), but if I decide to I will chip in a few bucks. Like I said, this is a cool site.

(at least now I know why I could not get into the forum here yesterday, thought you guys banned me )
    But even if we lose half the members, the half remaining would more than cover expenses........and Good riddance to the cheapskates.

We HAVE tried the 5 dollar donation thing.......not even close, would be an understatement.

We would never ban you, squirrel.......We like fuzzy tailed tree rats. :goof: :jk:
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just chipped in $5.00. Sorry I couldn't do more, but I'm unemployed at the moment and things are a little tight. I hope to do more in the future when I get back on track!

There will always be somebody more successful or more talented, but you're not running their race. You're running your race.
    Joel Osteen
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My pledge of $5/loss will be changed to $10/loss. That stands at $30, on top of the $10 I donated in Sept. I will wait and see what happens this weekend and a check for $30 or $40 next week.

Go J-E-T-S!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am making my donation today. I love this site. I am glad to support it.

I think what would help others out is:

Present an idea of what your operating cost are. A budget per say.

In a world where people are taken for money. People are sceptical to lay out money. They think someone is profiting.

I think most people don;t take the threat of losing the forum seriously. I know I did when I oculdn't log on.

Also any thought to corporate sponsorship? There must be some retailer or something that will donate to this board.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ralph Wilson after this season

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll be sednign a check next week. Not sure how much, but at least $5-10. Let's keep this thing alive!!!
    "OFFSEASON? We don't need no stinking offseason"
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by inFINSible
    But even if we lose half the members, the half remaining would more than cover expenses........and Good riddance to the cheapskates.

We HAVE tried the 5 dollar donation thing.......not even close, would be an understatement.

We would never ban you, squirrel.......We like fuzzy tailed tree rats. :goof: :jk:
    sounds like this might be pollworthy ?

though I have a real problem w/member fees since it kinda eliminates the ease with which great fans like the Packs fans we had here would come on ever. I do not see an issue for some Dolphans, I would not go to another team site for a fee.
    Quote Quote