Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: We are in trouble (with the site)

1. -1
    The Human Bullet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks

We are in trouble (with the site)

Ok people. as I am sure you have noticed, the site was down for a good 6 hours today. The reason is we keep crashing the server that we are on. We switched to this ISP in hopes of keeping costs down, but as you can tell, it didn't do any good.

They have told us we need to upgrade or we will be down a lot longer. I know we did the donation thing here for awhile, but that only brought in a tad over $500.00. We attempted to make that work, but it is clear we either have to upgrade, or say bye bye to Fin Heaven. Upgrading is 129.00 per month. That is what we need to keep this place open.

I personally am a bit angry at the e mails we receive while the site is "down" complaining that they can't access the boards, yet when we reach out and ask for help only a few of the 1000+ members pony up. A few of those people were even BILLS and JETS fans.

Folks we are just a bunch of regular guys, who make barely enough to live on (and in A.J.'s case, not nearly enough) and we try to run this site for you. It is no longer fun for us, and quite frankly, we are both seriously considering shutting this whole thing down.

Life is stressful enough without turning a fan based site into a job with no pay, and this amount of stress.

So people what do you want to do? We appreciate the fans who have contributed, (some of you have been so generous) but all it would take is half of our members to drop a 5 dollar bill in the mail.

That's it.

So the ball is in your court, you make the call. If you want Fin Heaven to stay on line, DONATE...otherwise we are shutting down.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Couldn't Lucas and Fiedler just do this?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    87 is right guys. I have searched the web for a better dolphins site than this one, and their is no such thing. And everone here knows it. We have over 1,000 members. If everone just donated a single Dollar, we would be in better shape. I know nobody here wan'ts this site to go down, but the reality is that it will if we don't some support. It's up to everone to keep this wonderful thing we have going alive. PLEASE, everyone!!! donate some money now, or you can kiss Finheaven.com goodbye........

I hope we will all dig into our pockets and give.
    This is the best Dolphins site there is. Let's keep it up and running!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Plantation
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Where do we send the checks to. Post the address please so everybody can do something right away. We appreciate the site very much, it's a place to go to bond with Dolphin buddies in good and bad times. Finheaven must live!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Finheaven.com Staff Writer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    FinHeaven & Co
    PO Box 46425
    Tampa, FL 33647

Please make checks made out to Andrew Tatum.

Or

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busine...mber=Donations
    Miguel Lorenzo
    Staff Writer :migs:
    Fin Heaven & Co.

"I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Cogito, Ergo FinFanum

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love this site and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into it. I'm gonna fast for a week or so and send you the $$$ I save.

Tell ya what, -- I'll send it right away. It won't balance the budget by itself, but I'm sure you guys will spend it better than I would.
    Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed under the FinHeaven house rules. More members are suspended or outright banned for this than for any other violation. Please be cool so everyone can enjoy this site. When you see a violation, click the Alert triangle found at the lower left of each post. Thanks.:cool:
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven Lives

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you Phan4Ever... I really appreciate it :cool:

Also, just to let everyone know, BSQX4 has agreed to start a pledge drive. He will start the pledge at $129.00. Thus, there is $1371 left.
    AJ Tatum

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed up."
    - Mitch Hedberg
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    K-STATE PHIN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weston, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for everything guys. I'll be sure to drop some money into the mailbox in a week or two. Although I don't have a job, I'm even going to put in 5 bucks. I mean, I'm a 14 year old with no job, and I am going to donate. Come on people, let's save Finheaven.
    GO DOLPHINS! 2000 AFC EAST CHAMPS!
    GO LIGHTNING OF CYPRESS BAY HIGH! 8-2 IN 2004 AND STATE PLAYOFF BIRTH!
    GO KANSAS STATE WILDCATS! FINISHED 11-4 IN 2003 AND BIG XII CHAMPIONS!
    QB Ell Roberson holding that beautiful Big XII Championship Trophy
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Dolphin fan since '72

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey guys I just chipped in $10 via pay pal. Keep up the good work. This is good therapy. If worse comes to worse, have you thought about charging a monthly fee?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ephemeral

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll send what I can afford. I wish I could make a sizable donation, but I'm still in school......
    Coin toss at the Emerald Bowl......
    _
    "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that..." ~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
    _
    "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood..."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Is Drunk at the Wheel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clifton Park, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My paycheck goes in my account thursday at midnight, so I will chip in 10 bucks at 12:01. I think I might have a few ideas as well.

I know finheaven has had some realtions with OG before is there any chance for some more hype for his clothing line he would give an autographed football that you could do a raffle here for? Sell tickets for 5 bucks, and that should raise some dough.

You could do the same idea with another player. Write a well written letter to a bunch of the players and see if they can help.

I am sleeping out for playoff tickets IF we host one, I would be more than happy to pick up a pair of tickets for the web site to raffle.

The same could be done with replica jerseys on a monthly basis.

Would it be legal to make money off the football poll?

This one might be a little harder, but Miad works for a tavel agency. I wonder if this site could promote football trips that they would provide if they would be willing to give 1 free trip after finheaven sells 5-10 for them.

I honestly could go on all night. The last one that i will say now is i know integrity is a concern, but with the millions of hits this site has it should be able to sell at least 127 dollars a month in advertiseing. Then if people start ponying up the greenbacks you could stop the pop ups and ads.

If you like any of the ideas and you want me to help in any way i would be more than happy to.
    Quote Quote