Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FinHeaven VIP Membership Now Available!

1. -51
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamboubou

Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post?
    If you have to ask, then its probably stupid!
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Olney, IL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just signed up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, I signed up.. How long does it take for it to show up?
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    pay-pal takes 4 business days for a money transfer
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We apologize for the delay guys. Something has decided to stop cooperating with us this morning.

So if there's a delay in your activation, it's because we're manually adding you right now (me from each stop on my job. I'm about to get lynched. lol).

But rest assured, we've got records of everything that happens. So you will make it in there. Don't be shy about sending a PM or reminding us. We understand.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, signed up... but how does it track to your username?
    Offseason again... at least this one should be exciting!
    -Oboy

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Sig banners.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE,

I am the epitome of free stuff and not paying. let me make clear AJ's Vision

Regular forum stays FREE, and you can post in it at will. The new forum is just a new place to rally break it down, sure some posts will be added to both forums, and some posts may be missed out. But the objective is to support the site and hopefully stop AJ, muck, and terrrytate from spending cash out of there own pockets. For example my camp reports may be posted in VIP for an hour or three before i repost for everyone, Not saying thats the case but could be!!!! This is not meant to deter anyone or discourage them from using the site. this is a policy put into place to help the site and get some cool features added including contests, and give-aways.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Longtime Lurker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not so sure this is a good idea. As someone who comes here daily to only gather information, I am reluctant to pay. This change will likely transform the main forum to useless information to which I will no longer be interested. Maybe there can be a lurker pass where one can view what is posted in the VIP forum but not post?? Go Phins!!
    :beer1:
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Damn Glad to have Saban and Urban

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Myers, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    MUCK...I have a couple questions. First off, I've done nothing but attempt to post seriously and accurately since I've been here. I'm huge into the dolphins and have been since forever. That being said, who does make the call of what's serious or not? Is there going to be a guy sitting at the computer going..."uh...nope...starting a thread for sitting A.J. Feeley isn't Dolphin friendly so you are banned" Because that's just not right. I agree, there are dumb threads out there, but sometimes, people tend to think an opposite opinion is dumb. Like when I come on with intelligent reasons why we might end up 6-10 at the very best...people bash me for being negative...and then retaliate by preaching a 12-4 season...hold on while I laugh...gets me every time...but would that kind of thing be considered dumb? Also, are you going to allow anyone to become a VIP member? Because some of the best posts come from non-phinfans. Sure they are usually negatively biased, but if we were going to acquire someone from the Pats, I would want a Pat to give his opinion of the players talent...would they be allowed into the VIP? Because it also works negatively, if you allow anyone to join, then it becomes a VIP section where people face the same old crap, but now they paid 24 bucks for it. Lastly, maybe if you set a post limit for membership. That way, some rich dude that just wants to bust our balls can't sign up and join the VIP with 2 posts and a week of membership. Because 24 bucks isn't a huge deterrent. Just some thoughts guys. Will probably join upon hearing your responses.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamboubou
    While I agree that we have way too many threads started that are pointless I think this may turn to be a bad idea. You are more than likely going to take the main posters that gain information out of the main forum. Not to mention take them out of everyday posting so the large number of posts you will get in the main forum are going to be non-since posts.

Also who makes the judgement on what is considered a stupid post? What may be crazy to somebody may not to somebody else. I dont think I like the VIP idea. But depending on the content in the main forum I may be forced to join, for the simple fact it may be the only place to read an intelligent post.
    We that will not do the VIP thing will have to do our best to be on top of the news! I guess these guys need to feel better about themselves. If they do not want to read bogus threads, I have a simple solution.
    Do not click on them!!!!!!

I can only hope this does not turn into a ESPNinsider type of garbage. I refuse to pay $24 for a single site. I hope this does not mean that there will have to be a devise like there was w/ Phinzone.com before. I am trying to get ahead in life and am on a tight budget. That is one thing that I strongly suggest for everybody. 24 here 24 there and there goes the house, the car, and the wife and kids. Many of us have ladies that feel we are to consumed w/ football already for watching it every sunday for 3 1/2 hours. Now to pay to talk football?

To be honest, I get 90% of what I hear on here from ESPN,ESPN radio, NFL Network, KFFL,theredzone,and Dolphin brethren. The other 10% is the "Discussion" of these so called stupid threads. Who did not think a 2nd &3rd for a 3 stringer was a legit possibility or giving a 4th to move up 1 spot. Furthermore what about RW for 2 first and what ever else we gave. That sounded like some dumb post. I was called dumb for saying, as early as lastyear, that we should get Gus, and were dumb not to give less than we did for Feeley 2 years ago. I was called dumb for hyping McPherson 1 1/2-2 years ago, then comes the combine. What about Volek for nothing. I was laughed at for suggesting him. He looked to be better than Feeley by far last year. Tenn is not that much better than the Fins.

If I were to post that the salary strapped Fins' were going to bring in Carter,Holliday, Schulters, and McDougle in February I would have been laughed of the board.

I love the site. I support doing something to grow it. I just am not going to be able to be a VIP. Sorry. I will continue to be a heavener and hope the site does not stray from what it currently is. If the VIPers want to keep info to themselves, they will soon find the heaven shrinking since we will be left to seek other forms of breaking news. Honestly, they hear it where everybody else does. Radio, TV, and internet. Long live finheaven and hope there will not have to become a finatic.com or something. There is a "Thedolphinsmakemecry.com"

Let's keep finheaven the best team site on the net, and make it the biggest that ever will be. We all love the Fins'. We all cheer the same team on Sunday. We all want a Fins' super bowl. We all need to forget about the anger that builds in these threads. Use it to ruffle the Bills fans, even when they are right about something. Tell them they may be right, and than give em heck!

Let's go Miami!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote