Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: wes welker

  1. -21
    Dolphin North's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    2,879
    vCash:
    4417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PLEEZHELPUSNICK
    i hope we use wes welker in our offense alot this year. he seems to have morethan just kr/pr talent and could add a whole new demesion to the offense.
    He looked like Wayne Chrebet going across the middle in the game. Courage for a smaller guy. That's a good thing. I think Welker will overachieve and be a good playmaker. A fan favorite for sure. He will pop up when we most need a play, on offense or on returns. The difference is Chrebet wore a stupid green uniform.
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    RWhitney014's Avatar
    Ginger Whit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    3,435
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by canesfins13
    He might not even make the team


    Thanks to NY_FinFan_72 and Nubs for the sweet (and now petite) sig.




    "In folly ripe, in reason rotten." - Sir Walter Raleigh
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    RWhitney014's Avatar
    Ginger Whit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    3,435
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrider01
    Wes Welker will be used probably exactly like Dante Hall was used. Returning like a madman, and sparingly at WR. Especially since the Fins are much deeper at WR than the chiefs were/are.

    Look for him on "unique" plays and crazy formations. Do I smell a quadruple reverse?
    A quadruple reverse, flea-flicker, drop-kick to a punt return for a touchdown. The amazing thing, Wes will be the only one touching the ball the whole time. And he'll probably tackle himself in the end zone.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    ccphinfan's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2005
    Posts:
    1,329
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :rawk: :beerbang: :drinkers: :cpatch:
    Quote Originally Posted by RWhitney014
    A quadruple reverse, flea-flicker, drop-kick to a punt return for a touchdown. The amazing thing, Wes will be the only one touching the ball the whole time. And he'll probably tackle himself in the end zone.
    THE BEAST OF THE EAST
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS- FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    12,439
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty
    Just because he said he might not make the team? He might not. He definatly isnt a "lock" and will need to earn his spot on the roster. Obviously he is a he!! of a kick returner... but I feel he is gunna have to prove his worth as a back-up WR to make the team. So far he has been doing just that and has seemed pretty consistant catching the ball... but he will need to keep it up to make the team.

    For the record, I like Wes and that was not a negative attitude... it is just my opinion...

    Nasty
    I disagree, I think what made him a less effective returner was the fact that teams were paying much more attention to him and kicking the ball away from him
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    FinNasty's Avatar
    "The Sticker Dunk"

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    7,218
    vCash:
    1160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    I disagree, I think what made him a less effective returner was the fact that teams were paying much more attention to him and kicking the ball away from him
    That most definatly played a part... however Dante was taking alot more hits and just playing alot more than he did in 2003. That definatly effects players especially the smaller ones like Dante and Wes... If we are sending Wes on slants over the middle (which I have seen a good amount of in practice and in the preseason game) Wes is gunna take a pounding that his body hasnt experienced before... Im worried it could hurt Welker's explosiveness on kick returns...

    Nasty
    The Future of Miami


    Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'


    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Semedi's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2003
    Posts:
    1,586
    vCash:
    4259
    Loc:
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really want to see a quick backwards pass to Welker out in the flat, where he pauses for a second, and then heaves a pass deep to Chambers for a TD! I just know Welker has a little QB in him somewhere...
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Dol-Fan Dupree's Avatar
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    12,439
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty
    That most definatly played a part... however Dante was taking alot more hits and just playing alot more than he did in 2003. That definatly effects players especially the smaller ones like Dante and Wes... If we are sending Wes on slants over the middle (which I have seen a good amount of in practice and in the preseason game) Wes is gunna take a pounding that his body hasnt experienced before... Im worried it could hurt Welker's explosiveness on kick returns...

    Nasty
    I guess this is a place where we agree to disagree. What about Tim Dwight? He is still a good return guy and he is a MUCH better reciever than Dante.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    FinNasty's Avatar
    "The Sticker Dunk"

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    7,218
    vCash:
    1160
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    I guess this is a place where we agree to disagree. What about Tim Dwight? He is still a good return guy and he is a MUCH better reciever than Dante.
    yes... agree to disagree. It isnt like I am absolutly positive that playing more will hurt his KR abiliities or anything... more just like concerned. I do love what he can do in the open field and feel that he could be a dangerous weapon in the passing game IF used correctly... Quick passes to him in the flats that give him some seperation between him and the defenders would allow him to use his field vision and quickness to the most of his ability. He can also be used in WR screens and reverses because these type of plays also appeal to his strenghts... If he is used correctly, I think he can be dangerous... however I am just a little concerned of how it might effect him physically...

    Nasty
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    techsanfx4's Avatar
    Professional Beer Taste Tester

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    73
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Texas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Even in college defenders had I good size advantage on him. We are talking about playing defenses like Texas, OU, A&M, and many other well know defensive teams. I know, I know...big difference between college and pro. Point is, he has made his living slanting across the middle and going out into the flats. I'm sure he knows his limits, and I'm positive his good vision will keep him safe and on his feet. Just look at how wide open he can get himself, which in turn gives him plenty of room to run.

    http://m2texas.com/dyon/WelkerVideo.wmv

    Sorry, this video never gets old to me.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. We may get Welker after all
    By melvindillon in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
  2. Welker Gone??????
    By twg76 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
  3. Wes Welker!!!!
    By BennyVW in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
  4. Wes Welker
    By ccphinfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 11:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •