Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriots LOVE-FEST...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Patriots LOVE-FEST...

I don't know what feed you guys in the states are getting, but up here in Canada, we got the 'local announcer' feed for the Pats/Bengals feed...

I could not stand it anymore. Now, I am one that respects the heck out of an organisation that could win 3 super-bowls in 4 years... I just can't understand blind faith though... The comments on how the Pats are going to be AMAZING, almost UNBEATABLE this season were just driving me crazy. Comments like:
    - The Pats are going to be incredible because all of their positions are set for players and coaches...no battles
    --> WHAT!? No problems anywhere? No LB issues?
    - The Pats are set because they only needed to improve 15%-20% to keep up and they improved ABOVE AND BEYOND that and the rest of the league has to catch up...
    --> First off, what does that even mean? Second...HOW does anyone have the proof they improved by loosing 2 coordinators, the heart and soul of their defense, some other players..? They MAY have improved... but it's sure not set in stone...
    - And the list goes on and on... as to how they will be quasi-unbeatable again...

Now, as I said, I respect their team a whole lot (while also not liking it a bit, since they are...well... The lucky Pats...), but come on. I'm not even jealous and I know they are the champions until proven otherwise... but COME ON... stop with this insanity of giving them their threepeat... And man-o-man are they ever 1 injury away from BIG-TIME trouble... they better keep Brady in a vault against injuries, their other QB's... Beurk. Davey is plain ol' bad and Cassel is novelty...something like Berlin doing good against 4th stringers...

Anyways... I just needed to vent... Sorry for this rambling, I just know 1 thing in sports, NOTHING is won. And I personally believe that this season, the Pats have a MILLION things to prove...

Sorry again...
    I'm out...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Super Bowl 36, 38 & 39 Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, it is Oh-So-Fashionable-And-Trendy to bash and criticize the Patriots. It never ends.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gilbert, Arizona (Born in Buffalo)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A healthy amount of pats bashing is essential to a well balanced diet.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagon Circler
    A healthy amount of pats bashing is essential to a well balanced diet.
    It's part of this complete Breakfast.

...along with Buffalo Burgers.

...but I agree with Dirty Water. It is fashionable to bash New England. Hell, I am fully prepared for in a few years when Nick Saban leads us to three or four SuperBowls and everyone will bash Miami.

BRING IT ON BIATCHES!!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Super Bowl 36, 38 & 39 Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Wagon, that sig is lookin' tight! I think I may have outdone myself!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gilbert, Arizona (Born in Buffalo)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's true DW, this sig is quite a work of art. The subject matter is what really puts it over the top!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankP
    I don't know what feed you guys in the states are getting, but up here in Canada, we got the 'local announcer' feed for the Pats/Bengals feed...

I could not stand it anymore. Now, I am one that respects the heck out of an organisation that could win 3 super-bowls in 4 years... I just can't understand blind faith ............................

WTF is that thing in your avatar
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Not a 3am Member but still post whoring

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the pats are really really good. the announcers put them on pedestals because they used to be ignored. Really hard to hate a team that does all the right things, dont have problems in camp, and just go out and win football games. Trust me, I am working on hating them, but it is so much easier with the jets and bills.

D-Day's Favorite Non-3am poster!!!
    W.P.E-Worst Poster Ever
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy54
    the pats are really really good. the announcers put them on pedestals because they used to be ignored. Really hard to hate a team that does all the right things, dont have problems in camp, and just go out and win football games. Trust me, I am working on hating them, but it is so much easier with the jets and bills.
    That's just because you know your Fishies aren't in the same class as them, although the Fishies got real lucky once last year (hey, even a clock that doesn't run is right twice a day!). You think the Fishies are in the same class as the Bills and Jets, so those teams are "easier" to hate. Of course, you'll find out again this season that it ain't so.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A little clarification to all this, I did not 'bash' the Pats, in fact I said I really admired what they did, even though I am a Dolphins fan and can't stand it!

I said that I hated local announcers of the Pats making it as if they had nothing to prove and they should just hand the Pats a threepeat... AND, that I believe they have to prove it before I admit they are better than last year because I see some questions marks.

Also, don't believe they have ''no problems'' in training camp, they had a holdout, some scuffles, like EVERY team...they just have a hella marketing deptarment that twists all that in their favor and keep the bad vibes out...

WTF is that thing in your avatar
    It's The Cheat from the homestarrunner website!
    Quote Quote