Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Question for you guys

1. -1
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo

Question for you guys

As I laid down to go to bed, I had a question running through my mind.

Ricky owes us 8.6 million dollars. I know that.

I actually have 2 questions.

Do the Dolphins expect him to play in the NFL to pay us off? Is that why we had him back?

And my main question: If we trade him, what happens to the 8.6 million he still owes us? Would he really earn the money for another team, yet give it all to us b/c he owes us so much?

Ok so it's like 4 questions or so, but I didn't see the logic in him being traded. Whoever we traded him for, not only would he still owe us 8.6 million, but I imagine we'd have to take on the new salary(salaries) of the guys we got in exchange for him.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703

Do the Dolphins expect him to play in the NFL to pay us off? Is that why we had him back?

And my main question: If we trade him, what happens to the 8.6 million he still owes us? Would he really earn the money for another team, yet give it all to us b/c he owes us so much?

Ok so it's like 4 questions or so, but I didn't see the logic in him being traded. Whoever we traded him for, not only would he still owe us 8.6 million, but I imagine we'd have to take on the new salary(salaries) of the guys we got in exchange for him.
    What is going on right now is Ricky proving himself again, at some point the 8.6 million will be forgiven, my guess would be it would happen as part of trade if thats what occurs. Ricky won't play for the minimum long, there will be a reworked contract with probably lots of conditions included as part of debt being forgiven if he stays here.

There would probably be a prorated amount forgiven yearly if he stays here and plays, thats my guess.
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Palmdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703

Good Questions but I havent a good answer I would believe the debt would eventually be forgiven if he shows and proves for at least 2 or 3 years in the NFL
    I got $500 on the Dolphins to win the Superbowl.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe I'm wrong, but the 8.6 was because he broke his contact. Now he is playing under that contract again. This just may mean he does not owe us anything? I'm not sure, plus the guys net worth is $230,000 if what was reported is true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    But if he shows us he's staying in the NFL, that's saying he doesn't owe us 8.6 mil? Even if he's with another team? What has the 8.6 done to our cap, if anything?
    Quote Quote