Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Precision already in 05?

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Precision already in 05?

Hey i was fooling around on madden 05 the other day and i was continually throwing deep balls just for the sake of it and was getting frustrated that the qb never threw it far enough, allowing the DB to catch up to my WR and make the play. So in my rage i held the left analog stick up as i threw another deep ball and it went way further allowing the WR to make the ball with the DB far behind. I tried it out holding down right and left and they all work as well. It seems as though the precision aspect of 'vision and precision' in 06 is already in madden 05. Now i haven't played madden for that long (started with madden '04) so please let me down softly if this feature was implemented in a previous series or if this info has already been shared by someone else.

PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You could lead the reciever in 05 to the inside or outside. In 06 you can throw it high or low plus inside or outside. I dont like the high throw because I am constantly pressing up or somewhere on the directional pad to avoid rushers because the line sucks so bad. Every damn throw is high and leads to much to many incompletions.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by armyfinfan
    You could lead the reciever in 05 to the inside or outside. In 06 you can throw it high or low plus inside or outside. I dont like the high throw because I am constantly pressing up or somewhere on the directional pad to avoid rushers because the line sucks so bad. Every damn throw is high and leads to much to many incompletions.
    Oh man, i totally agree, like when you are running to the left or right to avoid defenders and you throw on the run and it ends up "leading" your reciever that way, even though you were just meaning to throw on the fly, i HATE that. SO many times I have gotten in bad situations or even lost games because of this. Like when you are running to the right and then throw to the guy it leads him so far right that he can't catch up to the ball or it goes out of bounds or something, so damnFRUSTRATING
    Texas Longhorns - 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :rocker:
    Guy 1: "Were you on steroids?"
    Chazz Michael Michaels: "Yes, yes I was, about a half a cup."

Keith Richards: "I snorted my father" :rocker:
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Jimi Hendrix wanna-be

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent51
    Oh man, i totally agree, like when you are running to the left or right to avoid defenders and you throw on the run and it ends up "leading" your reciever that way, even though you were just meaning to throw on the fly, i HATE that. SO many times I have gotten in bad situations or even lost games because of this. Like when you are running to the right and then throw to the guy it leads him so far right that he can't catch up to the ball or it goes out of bounds or something, so damnFRUSTRATING
    But you gotta think that it's more realistic that way. In real life, if you are running to your right, when you throw the ball it will carry to the right. Just like 11th grade physics: If you are travelling in a car headed due East, and you fire a gun aimed due North, your bullet will always carry to the East. Throwing on the run SHOULD be more difficult to do.
    Quote Quote