Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Game Plan=Players Working On Weakness

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No Game Plan=Players Working On Weakness

If they really do not have a game plan then what are they doing out there? IMO they are probably working on individual players weaknesses. Not advocating Feeley or Frerotte. What were some of the TC reports that we got to see? Wasn't there something about Feeley having trouble with his touch on the short pass while Frerotte sometimes had more difficulty connecting deep? To support this theory... the dolphin's have put up more then their share of passing plays and yards then that of the rushing attack. Since it is so obvious to everyone that the QB's need work and that this team is going to mainly be a rushing team which can set up the pass. The first team defense knows that most of the plays are going to be passing plays. Other teams may have gameplanned for the Dolphins. That might be why other teams have come with more blitz in the first quarter.
    "The team that scores the most points usually wins." - Madden
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Welcome to Fenway

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The offensive line must have alot of weaknesses then. Gameplanning would have nothing to do with offensive lineman just whiffing on assignments.

Also, I highly doubt a couple of cornerback blitzes from the Bears, points to the fact that they or the Steelers gameplanned for us.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If blitzes mean there was gameplanning on behalf of the blitzing team, then we must have gameplanned for the Steelers?
    "Therefore, understand the matter, and consider the vision." Dan 9:23

Why must this team always underachieve???
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FaninPatsyLand
    The offensive line must have alot of weaknesses then. Gameplanning would have nothing to do with offensive lineman just whiffing on assignments.

Also, I highly doubt a couple of cornerback blitzes from the Bears, points to the fact that they or the Steelers gameplanned for us.
    Maybe you are right and maybe you are wrong. It is very unusual to see a team blitz more then a few times in pre-season though. It is something that a only a team with a large amount of new players does to get timing better. Other then that they really did blitz more then usual.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by volk
    If blitzes mean there was gameplanning on behalf of the blitzing team, then we must have gameplanned for the Steelers?
    Saban said that they were going to start to gameplan for the Steelers. He said they were only going to do it for a day and a half though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The blitzing should help us come mid-season... Now our coaches have lots of film showing different blitzing packages. Thus something to show our oline and teach them what they should do to block different blitzes. Or in the case of the blitz that caused the 60 yard fumble return, how to call the hot read or just get rid of the ball. Not trying to bash Ferotte, but wow did Nick get in his face after that play... Anyway, back to the point ... the more film we have showing different blitzes the more we can teach our olinemen.
    Offseason again... at least this one should be exciting!
    -Oboy

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Sig banners.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oboy
    The blitzing should help us come mid-season... Now our coaches have lots of film showing different blitzing packages. Thus something to show our oline and teach them what they should do to block different blitzes. Or in the case of the blitz that caused the 60 yard fumble return, how to call the hot read or just get rid of the ball. Not trying to bash Ferotte, but wow did Nick get in his face after that play... Anyway, back to the point ... the more film we have showing different blitzes the more we can teach our olinemen.
    Great Point!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    If you want to, we can supply you.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finaddict
    It is very unusual to see a team blitz more then a few times in pre-season though. It is something that a only a team with a large amount of new players does to get timing better. Other then that they really did blitz more then usual.
    Where do you get this from?
    In preseason, I believe the complete opposite is true. I think teams blitz more to see what plays their defenses and the players in them execute really well.

To try and use the excuse that Miami did no gameplanning but the other teams did is really pathetic IMO.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Superself
    Where do you get this from?
    In preseason, I believe the complete opposite is true. I think teams blitz more to see what plays their defenses and the players in them execute really well.

To try and use the excuse that Miami did no gameplanning but the other teams did is really pathetic IMO.
    Excuse? I was pointing out that it was unusual or not expected. This thread was to point out the fact that Feeley was working on his short pass while Frerotte was working on his overall timing with the receivers at game speed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FaninPatsyLand

Actually, blocking assignments get gameplanned as well. Its just that if you dont put forth the effort to at least hit somebody, then you look stupid. I do believe Houck will do something this week about that. Will it be permanently corrected? I doubt it, but at least we have a LT (thank god!)
    Quote Quote