Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Seriously 6-10 in '05. Our schedule this year!

  1. -1
    'Phins & 'Canes's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    633
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Gainesville
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Seriously 6-10 in '05. Our schedule this year!

    Yes, we can hope the preseason is just that. We can hope that in a normal week with game planning, we'll be better suited to attack an opponent due to hightened preparation. We can also hope that Hudson and Co. come up with that OL lineup that they've missed on thus far. (you know, the one WITHOUT McKinney at C, but WITH Hadnot at C and Middleton at RG) We can also put our trust in the staff to get Ronnie Brown ready to roll without Ricky for a bit to kick things off come Sept. 11th. But just remember, OTHER teams don't necessarily game plan in the preseason either, but you bet they will starting September - and they KNOW about our QB/OL woes too. (read: we'll see steady pressure on our QBs all year)

    So when you factor all of that in and look at the schedule below, who do we honestly beat, even if some of the things above happen for us?

    Denver
    @ N.Y. Jets
    Carolina
    BYE
    @ Buffalo
    @ Tampa Bay
    Kansas City
    @ New Orleans
    Atlanta
    New England
    @ Cleveland
    @ Oakland
    Buffalo
    @ San Diego
    N.Y. Jets
    Tennessee
    @ New England

    Cleveland, Tennessee and Tampa Bay seem like the easiest games that we could win. Oakland and KC were bad last year, but look to be improved for '05 so I don't know about our chances there and the division games are always murder. At least in the division there's familiarity there plus a need for us to get a little payback that might get us a couple of wins if things go right. Plus you've got the Denver game at home to open things where I suspect we'll come out trying to show that last year and this preseason are behind us. So here's the prediction, game by game. Feel free to chime in...

    W - Denver (I have a good feeling about opening day)
    L - @ N.Y. Jets (but it gets worse after that!)
    L - Carolina
    W - BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
    L - @ Buffalo
    W - @ Tampa Bay
    L - Kansas City
    L @ New Orleans
    L - Atlanta
    W - New England (2 years in a row baby!)
    W - @ Cleveland
    L - @ Oakland
    W - Buffalo
    L - @ San Diego
    L - N.Y. Jets
    W - Tennessee
    L - @ New England

    I have us 6-10 overall, with Nick having some decisions to make as far as our upgrades go. QB, OL, CB will be priorities and DT also if the feeling is that Wright and Vickerson aren't the future for us. It's a work in progress folks, but remember last year when we lost week after week while You-Know-Who was here early? Well, this year you won't sense that the team has given up at all, even after two or three losses in a row. I think it'll be a team that bounces back some and wins even when you think they won't sometimes. A few more drafts and some free agents and it'll start to happen....but just not in '05.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    452
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tarpon Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't be so pessimistic. I make sure I never try to predict games like that. There's too much parity in the NFL. It is hard enough to pick 4 winners every week, with tons of research. Let's wait and see. I'm not saying we're playoff bound, I'm just saying don't jump off the bandwagon.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    PMZQ's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    1,710
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I see us as 3-13 or at best 4-12. Remember the NFL has already said that ours is the TOUGHEST schedule in the league. Unfair, but you can' cry about it.

    Not like the old days when you were bad and then the next year had a reasonable chance to get better with the last place schedule. I'm not sure that the NFL is all to worried anymore about "dynastys" and "3 or 4 strong teams" and the rest being patsies....the popularity of the NFL guareentees seelouts even for the crappy teams.

    We could be in for a number (at least 3) last place finishes. :cry:
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,767
    vCash:
    18301
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know what our final record will be. I do know that once the O gets its ars in gear, the defense will make it so that any team that thinks the game against the fins is a W, will pay the price for thinking such things.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    'Phins & 'Canes's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    633
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Gainesville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually, I didn't think I was being pessimistic. We'll show improvement by a couple of games, knowing full well that there's more changes needed in upcoming years. It's just going to take a while to get there. And I think we'll be more competitive than people think in a lot of the games that we lose. I just don't think we have enough going up front to win many more than six games just yet.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    finfan54's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2002
    Posts:
    24,767
    vCash:
    18301
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum
    I see us as 3-13 or at best 4-12. Remember the NFL has already said that ours is the TOUGHEST schedule in the league. Unfair, but you can' cry about it.

    Not like the old days when you were bad and then the next year had a reasonable chance to get better with the last place schedule. I'm not sure that the NFL is all to worried anymore about "dynastys" and "3 or 4 strong teams" and the rest being patsies....the popularity of the NFL guareentees seelouts even for the crappy teams.

    We could be in for a number (at least 3) last place finishes. :cry:
    If we have the toughest scedule, then so does the Bills, jets, and NE.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    ch19079's Avatar
    Dolphin, its whats for dinner

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    3,662
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Apex, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Phins & 'Canes
    L - Denver
    L - @ N.Y. Jets
    L - Carolina
    BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
    L - @ Buffalo
    W - @ Tampa Bay
    W - Kansas City
    W @ New Orleans
    L - Atlanta
    L - New England
    W - @ Cleveland
    L - @ Oakland
    L - Buffalo
    L - @ San Diego
    L - N.Y. Jets
    W - Tennessee
    L - @ New England
    5-11
    ill give you the Saints, and the chiefs. but only cus i keep saying the fins will win 6-7 games. but with that schedule, i dont even see 6 wins.
    Bills fan for life.
    and yes, i know i can't spell worth a damn.

    Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days.. Ah. Ah. Ah. I just kick this piece of **** out the window.
    -Office Space-
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    1,811
    vCash:
    1209
    Loc:
    Etters, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54
    If we have the toughest scedule, then so does the Bills, jets, and NE.

    that is not necessarily true....they only account for 6 of the sixteen games...thats not even half
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    FinaticPatch's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2003
    Posts:
    2,432
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Phins & 'Canes
    Yes, we can hope the preseason is just that. We can hope that in a normal week with game planning, we'll be better suited to attack an opponent due to hightened preparation. We can also hope that Hudson and Co. come up with that OL lineup that they've missed on thus far. (you know, the one WITHOUT McKinney at C, but WITH Hadnot at C and Middleton at RG) We can also put our trust in the staff to get Ronnie Brown ready to roll without Ricky for a bit to kick things off come Sept. 11th. But just remember, OTHER teams don't necessarily game plan in the preseason either, but you bet they will starting September - and they KNOW about our QB/OL woes too. (read: we'll see steady pressure on our QBs all year)

    So when you factor all of that in and look at the schedule below, who do we honestly beat, even if some of the things above happen for us?

    Denver
    @ N.Y. Jets
    Carolina
    BYE
    @ Buffalo
    @ Tampa Bay
    Kansas City
    @ New Orleans
    Atlanta
    New England
    @ Cleveland
    @ Oakland
    Buffalo
    @ San Diego
    N.Y. Jets
    Tennessee
    @ New England

    Cleveland, Tennessee and Tampa Bay seem like the easiest games that we could win. Oakland and KC were bad last year, but look to be improved for '05 so I don't know about our chances there and the division games are always murder. At least in the division there's familiarity there plus a need for us to get a little payback that might get us a couple of wins if things go right. Plus you've got the Denver game at home to open things where I suspect we'll come out trying to show that last year and this preseason are behind us. So here's the prediction, game by game. Feel free to chime in...

    W - Denver (I have a good feeling about opening day)
    L - @ N.Y. Jets (but it gets worse after that!)
    L - Carolina
    W - BYE (kidding folks, kidding!)
    L - @ Buffalo
    W - @ Tampa Bay
    L - Kansas City
    L @ New Orleans
    L - Atlanta
    W - New England (2 years in a row baby!)
    W - @ Cleveland
    L - @ Oakland
    W - Buffalo
    L - @ San Diego
    L - N.Y. Jets
    W - Tennessee
    L - @ New England

    I have us 6-10 overall, with Nick having some decisions to make as far as our upgrades go. QB, OL, CB will be priorities and DT also if the feeling is that Wright and Vickerson aren't the future for us. It's a work in progress folks, but remember last year when we lost week after week while You-Know-Who was here early? Well, this year you won't sense that the team has given up at all, even after two or three losses in a row. I think it'll be a team that bounces back some and wins even when you think they won't sometimes. A few more drafts and some free agents and it'll start to happen....but just not in '05.

    Oak NO and Atl should all be different. Atlanta is no where near as good as people are saying they will be and NO improved nothing from last year and is starting to age. Oak has randy Moss.....THAT IS IT
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    'Phins & 'Canes's Avatar
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    633
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Gainesville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, we have six wins in us.

    Oh wait....I see where you made your mistake. You've got Buffalo sweeping us.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Our schedule next year...
    By Crazysimon in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 08:28 PM
  3. schedule for next year can lead to alosing year again.
    By SR 7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 11:33 PM
  4. A Novel way of looking at our schedule this year.
    By MDFINFAN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •