Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perception Vs. Reality

1. -1
    follow me at @moejo31

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

Perception Vs. Reality

Whether you agree with her or not, Cindy Sheehan has decisively robbed a page right out of Karl Rove's dangerous playbook. Whether Cindy and her crowd are right or wrong, in many ways she has full command of Rove's brilliant strategy: PERCEPTION VS. REALITY, and this occurs at the worst possible moment of the Bush II presidency: only 2 in 5 Americans agree w/ the war in Iraq, and W's approval rating is at an all-time low. Her masterfully simple approach has empowered a voice that should have been heard last summer.

Bush is a loser no matter how he responds to this outcry. He's a loser if he doesn't talk to "her", he's loser if he does --were he to show up with the same old parade of lies and excuses as to why we're in Iraq.

There's a snowball forming in Crawford, Texas, no matter the heat.

And when she brings the march to Washington, D.C. on September 24th (and really, as she canvasses across the country in route, days before), and when three 24-hour news networks give it full coverage, and when CSPAN broadcasts the entire thing live and the rest of the evil, "liberal media" chomp down on it like a slim jim, look out.

some reality:

http://www.meetwithcindy.org/
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The one thing I'll say about this is that I'm surprised she isn't dead by now. I certainly don't say that to suggest somebody needs to make it happen, but we're a big nutty country these days. I don't care for her message in the least, but I guess I should take this as a good sign that protest isn't dead. It is an important tool to have out there in the marketplace of ideas.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    just a little cattywampus

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my take is America has become quite voyeuristic... i was socilaizing with some rather liberal friends this evening, and one referred to this whole Cindy Sheehan "crusade" as being "very much like a reality show about a person slowly losing their sanity," to which another said, "yep, it's like driving by a car crash, you have to look!"

they didnt seem to think it is doing their side any good when i asked them...

that was without even the slightest prompting by me.
    (William H. Bonney, aka Billy the Kid): If a man has 3 or 4 pals, well, then he's got himself a tribe. And there ain't nothing stronger than that.

Rest In Peace Scott Knight, 1968-2007... Pals.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Perception is reality. What you experience with your 5 senses is what is real to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    She was doing well when it was about her son, the war, and Bush. When she "branched out" she lost it. Attacking ISrael was her biggest mistake as now she even has a bunch of liberal commentators calling her names.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's ridiculous how people are critical of her like she is some sort of policy maker.
    She is an average American just like any of us, with opinions and ideals.
    Who are any of us to tell a woman how to grieve for her dead child?
    The media has grabbed on to her and now she is being used by people during one of the most vulnerable and confusing times anyone could possibly go through.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    It's ridiculous how people are critical of her like she is some sort of policy maker.
    She is an average American just like any of us, with opinions and ideals.
    Who are any of us to tell a woman how to grieve for her dead child?
    The media has grabbed on to her and now she is being used by people during one of the most vulnerable and confusing times anyone could possibly go through.
    She's being used, and is prob too stupid/biased to know she is being used.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The Decider

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Not in Clearwater
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall
    She's being used, and is prob too stupid/biased to know she is being used.
    I don;t think that is fair. She just lost her child. She is confused and vulnerable. I am sure people are telling her not to let her son's death be for nothing...to stand for something. I am sure neither of us can imagine what kind of power statements like that would have on us in that situation.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABrownLamp
    I don;t think that is fair. She just lost her child. She is confused and vulnerable. I am sure people are telling her not to let her son's death be for nothing...to stand for something. I am sure neither of us can imagine what kind of power statements like that would have on us in that situation.
    She lost her son, he was no child 2 years ago, no? And she has met with the President. She is being used period. If she did not meet with the President then I could see the lefts point here.

If it was me I would want to respect my sons losses of life not minimize it. She is an embracement IMO. All she is doing is disrespecting her sons death at this point. She is whoring out his service to this country to the far left. Something I have heard he would have been totally upset about. He was pro-Bush and very much in favor of the war against world wide terrorism where ever it took him to fight for this country.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If you're going to say that, I think you have to hold out that for anybody (like the Schiavos) in a similar situation. It doesn't work for me, mainly because I reject the notion that rationality flies out the window in that situation. We wouldn't be so forgiving if she were commiting crimes in the name of her son, after all.
    Quote Quote