Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Top 5 college QB's ?

  1. -1
    mia4ever's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,299
    vCash:
    1387
    Loc:
    In My House
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Top 10 college QB's ?

    Who's are the top 10 College QB this year?



    1 Matt Leinart Sr USC 6'5 220 5.10
    Leinart has paid his dues and in returning for his 5th year, he is solidifying his spot as the nation's elite QB. His challenge is to prove he makes his supporting cast better and not the other way around.

    2 Omar Jacobs Jr Bowling Green 6'4 220 4.72
    Jacobs has more upside than Leinart and in his first year as a starter, he proved he had the polish. His mechanics are unorthodox, but even that might not be enough to keep him from the top by next April.

    3 Charlie Whitehurst Sr Clemson 6'4 227 4.68

    4 Reggie McNeal Sr Texas A&M 6'2 206 4.45

    5 Bruce Gradkowski Sr Toledo 6'2 210 4.70

    6 Vince Young Jr Texas 6'5 240 4.41

    He's the scariest athlete in college football, he's bigger than your linebackers and faster than your DBs. If he can become more of a polished passer and improve his mechanics, he'll move from great prospect to elite.
    7 Chris Leak Jr Florida 6'0 205 4.72

    8 Paul Pinegar Sr Fresno State 6'4 220 4.95

    9 Darrell Hackney Sr UAB 6'2 235 4.80

    10 Brodie Croyle Sr Alabama 6'3 205 5.00

    I'll would like to keep a thread to track their stats!
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    mia4ever's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    2,299
    vCash:
    1387
    Loc:
    In My House
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bump
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Valbon8's Avatar
    Phins Up!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    471
    vCash:
    1575
    Loc:
    Cudahy, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wheres Marcus Vick?

    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    FIN4LIFE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    14,367
    vCash:
    29048
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    -i like jacobs but i doubt he will be available to us, at least i hope not.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    jlfin's Avatar
    old pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2005
    Posts:
    7,620
    vCash:
    3428
    Loc:
    windermere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mia4ever
    Who's are the top 10 College QB this year?



    1 Matt Leinart Sr USC 6'5 220 5.10
    Leinart has paid his dues and in returning for his 5th year, he is solidifying his spot as the nation's elite QB. His challenge is to prove he makes his supporting cast better and not the other way around.

    2 Omar Jacobs Jr Bowling Green 6'4 220 4.72
    Jacobs has more upside than Leinart and in his first year as a starter, he proved he had the polish. His mechanics are unorthodox, but even that might not be enough to keep him from the top by next April.

    3 Charlie Whitehurst Sr Clemson 6'4 227 4.68

    4 Reggie McNeal Sr Texas A&M 6'2 206 4.45

    5 Bruce Gradkowski Sr Toledo 6'2 210 4.70

    6 Vince Young Jr Texas 6'5 240 4.41

    He's the scariest athlete in college football, he's bigger than your linebackers and faster than your DBs. If he can become more of a polished passer and improve his mechanics, he'll move from great prospect to elite.
    7 Chris Leak Jr Florida 6'0 205 4.72

    8 Paul Pinegar Sr Fresno State 6'4 220 4.95

    9 Darrell Hackney Sr UAB 6'2 235 4.80

    10 Brodie Croyle Sr Alabama 6'3 205 5.00

    I'll would like to keep a thread to track their stats!


    Leinart worries me. He didn't need to come back to finish school (as most players who come back,do). He likes the pressure free college life. While that is all well and good for most people, I think it shows something about his character.
    To be a star player in the NFL (especially a QB) you need to have a burning desire to be the best and want to challenge yourself against the best competition. He doesn't have that hungry look in his eyes when I see his interviews (eye of the tiger). Seems a bit to aloof for my taste and I think he's going to bust big time in the NFL, especially if he gets knocked around a lot his first season and doesn't see some early success.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    MikeO's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2004
    Posts:
    14,814
    vCash:
    2130
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valbon8
    Wheres Marcus Vick?
    jail? just a guess!
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    touborg's Avatar
    Board Linebacker

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    4,442
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfin
    Leinart worries me. He didn't need to come back to finish school (as most players who come back,do). He likes the pressure free college life. While that is all well and good for most people, I think it shows something about his character.
    To be a star player in the NFL (especially a QB) you need to have a burning desire to be the best and want to challenge yourself against the best competition. He doesn't have that hungry look in his eyes when I see his interviews (eye of the tiger). Seems a bit to aloof for my taste and I think he's going to bust big time in the NFL, especially if he gets knocked around a lot his first season and doesn't see some early success.
    I agree completely. My concern with Leinart would definately be maturity. He doesn't have many classes this year, and the fact that he chose "dancing classes" instead of the NFL worries me. Jacobs seems awesome though.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    166
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ercin13
    -i like jacobs but i doubt he will be available to us, at least i hope not.

    no jacobs will be availble unless denver does worse then us but leinart won't be avaible unless we have the first pick or the 9ers have the first pick and we have the second then we can draft leinart but if you have the first pick do you really want matt leinart?
    Mock Draft

    1. Jay Cutler-QB Vanderbilt
    2. Andrew Whitworth-OT-LSU
    3. Mike Hass-WR-Oregon State
    4. Mike Degory- C Florida
    5. Will Blackmon-CB-Boston College
    6. Donnie McClesky-S-Cal
    7.Will Montgomery-OG-Virginia Tech
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    HysterikiLL's Avatar
    FinHeaven Elite

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    12,688
    vCash:
    1030
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My current top 5

    Leinart
    Jacobs
    Leak
    Gradkowski
    McNeal


    My top 5 at the end of the season

    Leinart
    Jacobs
    Young
    McNeal
    Whitehurt


    Young gets a lot of points as he's a nasty runner. I have a strong feeling he's going to rip it up passing this season though as he's worked on it all season. Watch out!

    Is it 3am yet?
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Dors156's Avatar
    He's Backkkkk

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2005
    Posts:
    6,170
    vCash:
    1016
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We'll get jacobs.I believe we will have a top 5 draft pick this year.I hope we get jacobs.Leinhart sucks.Vince young cant pass.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. College vs NBA
    By maddendude in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 07:53 AM
  2. Top college QBs
    By Dors156 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 08:34 AM
  3. For those of you who are in college:
    By DolphinDevil28 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 04:21 PM
  4. Whose college bio is this ?
    By dolphan39 in forum Trivia
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:08 AM
  5. College QBs
    By Dajesus in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 07:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •