Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Al Gore internet discussion - off topic, from Political Joke thread

1. -1
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinz420
    Al Gore claiming he invented the Internet......

John Kerry getting a medal in Nam for misfiring his M79 grenade launcher inside his River Patrol Boat(thanks to his political pals back at home who want him back from Nam)

The Clintons......

Those were all political jokes to me
    All examples of your ignorance if you ask me

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ignorance is stating facts?

can i grow up to be like you?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinz420
    ignorance is stating facts?

can i grow up to be like you?
    If it were a fact that Al Gore said he in invented the internet than you might have a point. But since he never said that it isnt a fact. And saying the Clintons are jokes is your opinion, one you are certainly entitled to, not sure how you can say it is a fact though.

And you can grow up to be whatever you want to be
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well ok to be fair. Gore mearly stated that he deserved credit for the creation of the internet. and that my friend IS a fact because Ive watched the man gloat on video.

ok ok clintons being a joke is my opinion. and to be fair to wild bill, I didnt dislike him as a president untill he lied about the whole debaucle. I really didnt care that he cheated on his wife who am I to criticize that lol. But the fact that he made that fake denial video was what made me lose respect for him. Hillary I had no contempt for...untill she decided to use the Bill debaucle for her political gain(hey i cant criticize that either but thats sad really). She doesnt only use her husband as a political launching pad but uses her husband's adultery as one....

kerry was...well theres enough out there about kerry's record in the military and in the senate to bury himself and thats kinda what happend last election. I was always a firm believer it would take a special kind of person to become President after being in the senate. Theres just too much political warfare going on in there to come out unscathed lol.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is more on the Gore thing. Just because it annoys me when people use this to bash. What you said about the Clintons I can completely respect. A lot of people lost respect for Bill after what happened, and your views of Hillary are reasonable. I have a feeling we might get into a few spirited debates, so let me say welcome to the politics board before we start completely hating each other...j/k

In an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer March 9, 1999, Gore said "during my service in the US Congress, "I took the initiative in creating the internet." This is corroborated by none other than Newt Gingrich in an September 1, 2000 CSPAN panel: "Gore is the person who, in the Congress, most systematically worked to make sure that we got to an internet."

What Gore said was different: "During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the internet." Gore was indeed in the forefront of legislative initiatives to create the internet. As a Senator in the 1980s Gore urged government agencies to consolidate what at the time were several dozen different and unconnected networks into an "Interagency Network."

Working in a bi-partisan manner with officials in Ronald Reagan and George Bush's administrations, Gore secured the passage of the High Performance Computing and Communications Act in 1991. This "Gore Act" supported the National Research and Education Network (NREN) initiative that became one of the major vehicles for the spread of the Internet beyond the field of computer science.

As Vice President Gore promoted building the Internet both up and out, as well as releasing the Internet from the control of the government agencies that spawned it. He served as the major administration proponent for continued investment in advanced computing and networking and private sector initiatives such as Net Day. He was and is a strong proponent of extending access to the network to schools and libraries. Gore provided much-needed political support for the speedy privatization of the Internet when the time arrived for it to become a commercially-driven operation.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    even though gore did take the lead in getting the internet out to the public. you have to understand that the government had already been using the internet activly and had plans in expanding it for public use. What Gore did was essentially talk about the future of the internet to senators and congressmen, but this was not anything groundbreaking at the time. It would be like the government developing an answer to fossil fuels and John Kerry bringing up in the senate the benefits to developing this fuel. Which is why that interview lead to those who were close to the development process of the internet getting very pieved at Gore for his statments. Hey ill give the man his credit atleast he was doing his job and looking into the future. However i think Al let his ego get the best of him in that interview and this has been the subject of manya bashings.
    Quote Quote