Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: The numbers

  1. -1
    Bobby Humphrey's Avatar
    I got cut

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    2,272
    vCash:
    1041
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

    The numbers

    I think Chambers is getting a bad wrap in week 1 by many. I think he played a great game. He blocked well, and had some nice attempted diving catches. I think no one in the NFL catches as well as he does when stretched out for a pigskin. He hauled in a few key first downs as well.

    If Chambers did what he did in week 1 every game, he would have 1 616 yards from scrimmage.

    Lets keep going.

    Ronnie would have 976 total yards
    Gus would pass for 4 400 yards
    McMike catch 880 yards
    Marty 1 664 receiving
    Wes 2 500 all-purpose yards

    Zack would have 224 tackles
    T-buck 176

    And so on.

    And oh ya, going by week 1 averages Miami would go 16-0 ….
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Jimmy James's Avatar
    You sit on a throne of lies!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2003
    Posts:
    21,735
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is really interesting how those numbers work out. I think most of us would guess that only Ronnie and Randy have a real shot at making their numbers. I guess Wes could also hit his mark.




    I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,325
    vCash:
    1082
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Humphrey
    I think Chambers is getting a bad wrap in week 1 by many. I think he played a great game. He blocked well, and had some nice attempted diving catches. I think no one in the NFL catches as well as he does when stretched out for a pigskin. He hauled in a few key first downs as well.

    If Chambers did what he did in week 1 every game, he would have 1 616 yards from scrimmage.

    Lets keep going.

    Ronnie would have 976 total yards
    Gus would pass for 4 400 yards
    McMike catch 880 yards
    Marty 1 664 receiving
    Wes 2 500 all-purpose yards

    Zack would have 224 tackles
    T-buck 176

    And so on.

    And oh ya, going by week 1 averages Miami would go 16-0 ….
    So Chambers still wouldn't have a 1000 yard year by your analysis...Hmm, not good for a #1 receiver in a vertical Offense.

    Edit, is that 1616 and is that all purpose yards? So he still won't have a 1000 yards receiving...okay I stick by my first comment.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Kthurmus23's Avatar
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,143
    vCash:
    1034
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just a question, off the top of your head how many times was Chambers thrown at that game?

    Also good to see a fellow Sask phin fan, where abouts in sask?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,325
    vCash:
    1082
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kthurmus23
    Just a question, off the top of your head how many times was Chambers thrown at that game?

    Also good to see a fellow Sask phin fan, where abouts in sask?
    Wow, I just looked at our schedule in your sig...that's ugly..man, if we make it though the next 7 games with a winning record we have a chance at the playoffs, but again looking at that schedule..wow... :eek:
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    ckparrothead's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    47,061
    vCash:
    1994
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Is T-Buck still on the team? I thought we got rid of him a while ago...
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Kthurmus23's Avatar
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,143
    vCash:
    1034
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN
    Wow, I just looked at our schedule in your sig...that's ugly..man, if we make it though the next 7 games with a winning record we have a chance at the playoffs, but again looking at that schedule..wow... :eek:
    Ya should be able to get an idea where we stand in the next few weeks, since it is the NFL's hardest schedule. To be the best you have to beat the best, so time will tell.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Jimmy James's Avatar
    You sit on a throne of lies!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2003
    Posts:
    21,735
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead
    Is T-Buck still on the team? I thought we got rid of him a while ago...
    I think people call Jones that, though I don't really get it. The standard for that nickname if you ask me is (first name initial)-(last name abbreviation).
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Kthurmus23's Avatar
    Tweet@KJoneZ13

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,143
    vCash:
    1034
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead
    Is T-Buck still on the team? I thought we got rid of him a while ago...
    T-Buck the corner that played with Madison is gone, he was awhile ago. T-Buck the safety from the Saints was signed this off season.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    MIAdolphin89's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    629
    vCash:
    1114
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i say T-Buck whenever i get excited about a play he makes...hehe its just natural i guess?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Fun with numbers
    By rrrrphin in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  2. WR numbers for 53
    By Pat-London in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. you won't believe these numbers
    By dolfan06 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 03:56 AM
  4. Gus By the Numbers
    By FinFan57 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 09:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •