Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!

1. -31
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Jolla Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dude, you caved! Why apologize. If you felt that way at the time then thats how you were feeling. If you changed your mind thats one thing but too apologize now because of all the preassure I dont know. Everyone is afraid of getting run out of here. Hey somtimes I think Boomer Esiason is a jerk and his opinions are stupid but I would defend his right to say them all day long. Just like your Jason Taylor post was probably done out of Disgust but thats what you were feeling at the time man. Dont apologize for that. I would never say that but thats just me.

2. -32
    get out da way

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    was wondering when someone was gonna say something, before the season started i was really enjoying reading the threads now i rarely make it past the first two sentences

3. -33
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for addressing this issue. Visiting this site was beginning to become more irritating and less enjoyable.

4. -34
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you. Someone said Marino was a bust???????????
    Thanks for the sig, Nublar.

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Jolla Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :soapbox:

6. -36
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, please read through a thread thoroughly, not just the opening passage, before you respond.

I fear many people become embarrassed because of this.

If you don't read all the way through and vehemently rip into the author of a thread, you may be setting yourself up for some serious ridicule.

However,

1 - You probably don't read all the posts and won't see yourself getting lit up.
    2 - You probably wouldn't have registered the insults anyway.
    ...GOOD LOOK...

7. -37
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphan north
    Thank you. Someone said Marino was a bust???????????
    He is...in Canton.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am relatively new here and have pretty much refrained from starting new threads so far. I usually find a similar thread and respond to it. I appreciate your attempt to maintain a quality site. I have found it somewhat difficult to weed through some of the garbage. I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to PM those who start unacceptable or redundant threads when you merge or bounce them and tell them why the thread wasn't accceptable. Hopefully those who want to be good members and contributers will learn. Those who won't accept the sites quality standards can go elsewhere. Thanks for all the good work you and your staff do, I know it's difficult and time consuming. If ever you have a problem with anything I post I would WANT you to delete it and let me know what I did wrong so that it doesn't happen again. Looking forward to a lot of years as a Finheaven member.
    :harm:

9. -39
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoDolphan
    You know Im farily new to this board so forgive me for not toting the company line but what is it with you guys? A little power hungry.
    "Power hungry"?? Dude, he owns the site. What power is there for him to aspire to??

Now just wait a second and hear me out. You and the rest of the "Old" posters now have become obsessed with telling everyone else what is wrong with them now.
    No. What we're obsessed with is maintaining and regaining the quality of this board. If someone takes that as a personal affront, well......I don't have to say much else now, do I.

While we are all complaining about the compliners no sports posts are being posted.
    :hmmm:

And all due respect to the Webmaster, you do a heck of a job but the only posts you seem to make are threats to shut people down.
    Not that he can't speak for himself or even asked me to butt in here, but A.J. goes to school full time, works full time, and then takes care of this site in his free time. I don't know if you've ever had a site this large, but it's not an easy thing to take care of. Especially with all the extra projects going on behind the scenes that few people know about yet (or will never know at all).

A.J. is the definition of Administrator. He's never been a frequent poster to begin with. But where does it say that he has to be?? Is he supposed to post just to post?? No. But now that you mention it, that's part of the problem we're facing around here.

Whos to say what is stupid and what isnt. If a post is stupid and no one replys what happens. It just goes away. But no, everyone has to plie on and spend thread after thread talking about how stupid the guy or his quote is and all that does is keep the posts alive.
    It would be nice if everyone could just ignore poor posts. But we don't live in a perfect world. So moderation is required.

And if simply ignoring poor threads/posts isn't too much to ask, then not posting them in the first place shouldn't be either. After all, the ideal your championing is none other than commom sense.

Its real strange if you ask me. But I know you didnt.
    Not really. But you're still free to express your opinion on the matter.

10. -40
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good effort and it has merrit, only problem...things will always be this way no matter how you beg. That's why I only read the reasonable threads, it cuts down on the ridiculous posts.