Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!

1. -41
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    So Cal
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoDolphan
    You know Im farily new to this board so forgive me for not toting the company line but what is it with you guys? A little power hungry. Now just wait a second and hear me out. You and the rest of the "Old" posters now have become obsessed with telling everyone else what is wrong with them now. While we are all complaining about the compliners no sports posts are being posted. And all due respect to the Webmaster, you do a heck of a job but the only posts you seem to make are threats to shut people down. Whos to say what is stupid and what isnt. If a post is stupid and no one replys what happens. It just goes away. But no, everyone has to plie on and spend thread after thread talking about how stupid the guy or his quote is and all that does is keep the posts alive. Its real strange if you ask me. But I know you didnt.
    Bro I am not kissing any butt here, but AJ has created an outstanding site which I greatly appreciate on a daily basis. He is just trying to keep this site one of the elite, and to not being dragged by meaniless posters at times. This is what sets Finheaven apart from other sites. The long time posters here, have become brotherin to each other here. We have each others back here, and we love our Dolphins. This is the way we want to keep this board, a great place to come and post and have your opinion respected!:beerbang:

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

2. -42
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks AJ I was getting tired of all these "busted" threads! And people saying the same thing over & over again..

3. -43
    I'm on my comma

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck
    It would be nice if everyone could just ignore poor posts. But we don't live in a perfect world. So moderation is required.

And if simply ignoring poor threads/posts isn't too much to ask, then not posting them in the first place shouldn't be either. After all, the ideal your championing is none other than commom sense.

4. -44
    This is my worried look

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by South Florida
    Also, please read through a thread thoroughly, not just the opening passage, before you respond.

I fear many people become embarrassed because of this.

If you don't read all the way through and vehemently rip into the author of a thread, you may be setting yourself up for some serious ridicule.

However,

1 - You probably don't read all the posts and won't see yourself getting lit up.
    2 - You probably wouldn't have registered the insults anyway.
    I got your "JT bust" thread and Im and "old" timer around here .. I got a nice laugh out of it and completely got/enjoyed the sentament (sp) dont appologize for that...your posting was in response to what was bothering most of the "reasonable" members here at least thats mo.
    FOOTBALL SIM!!---> http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=181218

Sig by HULKfish

Ckparrothead :saberfigh Fineas

R.I.P. Marquise Hill

5. -45
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    THE MIA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks AJ, the site needed this.

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    OK. On a positive note, the Dolphins defense played their hearts out on Sunday, and no one can deny that. The Jets first scoring drive existed because of a nonsense pass interference penalty. I was at the game and saw the actual play and the replay. That was some home field advantage nonsense. For all intents and purposes, the defense held the Jets in check. When the offense comes around to match the skill level of the defense, the Dolphins will be a dangerous team, especially when the weather changes.

7. -47
    35 years and counting

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't always log in, but I hit this sight several times a day. I enjoy everyones opinion, but must admit, AJ is dead right with this thread! Keep up the good work to AJ and all the mods!

8. -48

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you for restoring my faith.
    I was hoping that you guys would not allow this to continue w/o speaking up.

9. -49
    Trapped in Trudeaupia

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well , first off I agree with every single point Aj made. Think, Look, and then think again. Absolutely. But hinting of banning people for being too negative, even if someone says the fins suck?? Wow, sounds a little like Pravda to me.
    But hey, there's other sites if we don't like it, I know. Just seems like a mounting trend. One of your moderators arbitrarily closed a thread in the political forum not because it got offensive, not because of profanity, but because it got a little off topic. I've seen this more than a few times lately. I'm not b--tching or anything, just raising a red flag, and hope it's noted, that's all.
    "An appeaser feeds the crocodile in the hope that it will eat him last. But sometimes the croc eats him first anyway."

--Winston Churchill

10. -50
    Fin fan & Bears fan!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you AJ...you run a great site and I would love to see it stay that way!! lol..
    http://sites.bundleofjoys.com/dawnslittlegirl/

Check out our little Fins/Bears fan!