Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!

1. -51
    This is my worried look

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFin
    well , first off I agree with every single point Aj made. Think, Look, and then think again. Absolutely. But hinting of banning people for being too negative, even if someone says the fins suck?? Wow, sounds a little like Pravda to me.
    But hey, there's other sites if we don't like it, I know. Just seems like a mounting trend. One of your moderators arbitrarily closed a thread in the political forum not because it got offensive, not because of profanity, but because it got a little off topic. I've seen this more than a few times lately. I'm not b--tching or anything, just raising a red flag, and hope it's noted, that's all.
    jmo but I think when things get a little out of control you have to pull the reigns (sp) a little tighter than you would like to get things back in order.
    FOOTBALL SIM!!---> http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=181218

Sig by HULKfish

Ckparrothead :saberfigh Fineas

R.I.P. Marquise Hill

2. -52
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice..things here were getting out of control. I think the main problem were many many threads with the same subject..It makes you run out of patience!:yell:
    I'll be traveling some days, hope things get back to normal until sunday..
    great post,thanks AJ

3. -53
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Finally, an administrative order! I was waiting for this to happen. Thanks for recognizing this issue!

4. -54
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Omaha
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just have one question? Why isnt this posted stuck on the top of the board?

5. -55
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    well , first off I agree with every single point Aj made. Think, Look, and then think again. Absolutely. But hinting of banning people for being too negative, even if someone says the fins suck?? Wow, sounds a little like Pravda to me.
    But hey, there's other sites if we don't like it, I know. Just seems like a mounting trend. One of your moderators arbitrarily closed a thread in the political forum not because it got offensive, not because of profanity, but because it got a little off topic. I've seen this more than a few times lately. I'm not b--tching or anything, just raising a red flag, and hope it's noted, that's all.
    He didn't even hint at that from what I saw. What I read stated that there was nothing wrong with posting negative threads, as long as it wasn't simply ranting REPEATEDLY. Even ranting wasn't a huge deal becuase it is pretty commonplace on any fan site I have ever been on after a loss. But I have never seen it get as bad as it does here. They flood the list so I have to go through a couple of pages of topics just to get to one with any substance (positive or negative). Then, if you refute what little evidence they actually include, you are immediately labeled a "homer." Actually, this last thing makes absolutely no sense to me as a response to someone defending the team after a loss. Back in da hood, that was always someone that rooted for the home team only when they were winning, so that would make the fanatics (week 1) turn ranters (week 2) the "homers." Regardless, there's no need for name calling in the first place, and that goes both ways, but homer is BY FAR the most tossed around one.

Back to the point; repeat, ranting, "so and so sucks," threads and the posters that make them are a nusiance and keep others from being heard. Don't like Ronnie? Post in the already made thread on the subject. Why waste our time and block truly new threads with something that is already out there? Its a total disregard for the TOS. Don't agree with those? Then how did you sign up? You have to agree to them before joining. If you didn't read them, thats your bad. Why should the other members suffer?

I don't mean you personally TorontoFin. By the way and totally off topic (not worth starting a thread about it in the main forum ), love your city. Looking into going to U of T for grad school. Taste of the Danforth :drool:, Jazz Festival, and Film festival are my favorites. Those wind tunnels or whatever they are suck something fierce though.

6. -56
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha_Dolfan
    I just have one question? Why isnt this posted stuck on the top of the board?
    It is stickied...

7. -57
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Which thread? I am willing to guarantee that it had something else wrong with it that you don't know about.
    "I didn't feel like we had to score," Tannehill said. "I had the mindset we were going to score."

8. -58
    Thank you #54...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Burnaby, B.C., Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoDolphan
    You know Im farily new to this board so forgive me for not toting the company line but what is it with you guys? A little power hungry.
    Learn how much work it takes to run a website this size...then start it, maintain it and bust your hump the ENTIRE time...

Do all that and then see people coming to the message board deluging it with nonsense threads and tell me you would'nt want to put a stop to it.

All A.J. is doing is trying to get the message board under control...he owns it. If he wanted to he could just start kicking people.

Now just wait a second and hear me out. You and the rest of the "Old" posters now have become obsessed with telling everyone else what is wrong with them now.
    The "Old" posters have helped build this site. No one gets any loot from this, it is a labour of love.

I am a VERY small part of this community and I have watched the message board get worse over the last little while. I know what this board is like when the conversation is intelligent and the threads are well thought through...and I want it to return to that.

And all due respect to the Webmaster, you do a heck of a job but the only posts you seem to make are threats to shut people down.
    A.J. contributes all the time in the VIP forum. Not as often as he would like to I am sure but, HE IS BUSY RUNNING THIS SITE!

I've said it many occasions, people that don't do Webmastering, design, development or maintenance have ZERO clue about how much work goes into keeping a site this large, with this many members up to date and under control...

Whos to say what is stupid and what isnt.
    No one is passing judgement on "what is stupid and what is'nt". All A.J. is trying to do is get some people to use COMMON SENSE. People, by nature, like attention. They want their views heard and addressed. That being said, is it a requirement that we have 20 threads going about Ronnie Brown?

I've been here for over a year now. I think I have started MAYBE 20 threads related to a football topic.

Why? Because I do not think I have to start a new thread about something when there is already one going.

If a post is stupid and no one replys what happens. It just goes away. But no, everyone has to plie on and spend thread after thread talking about how stupid the guy or his quote is and all that does is keep the posts alive. Its real strange if you ask me. But I know you didnt.
    It's like a car crash...you have to look.

A.J. started this thread as a service. Some of the "Older " posters have been getting frustrated with the quality of the main board and he addressed the situation....something that SOME OF US are very thankful for and something he has EVERY right to do.

9. -59
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by unifiedtheory
    Learn how much work it takes to run a website this size...then start it, maintain it and bust your hump the ENTIRE time...

Do all that and then see people coming to the message board deluging it with nonsense threads and tell me you would'nt want to put a stop to it.

All A.J. is doing is trying to get the message board under control...he owns it. If he wanted to he could just start kicking people.

The "Old" posters have helped build this site. No one gets any loot from this, it is a labour of love.

I am a VERY small part of this community and I have watched the message board get worse over the last little while. I know what this board is like when the conversation is intelligent and the threads are well thought through...and I want it to return to that.

A.J. contributes all the time in the VIP forum. Not as often as he would like to I am sure but, HE IS BUSY RUNNING THIS SITE!

I've said it many occasions, people that don't do Webmastering, design, development or maintenance have ZERO clue about how much work goes into keeping a site this large, with this many members up to date and under control...

No one is passing judgement on "what is stupid and what is'nt". All A.J. is trying to do is get some people to use COMMON SENSE. People, by nature, like attention. They want their views heard and addressed. That being said, is it a requirement that we have 20 threads going about Ronnie Brown?

I've been here for over a year now. I think I have started MAYBE 20 threads related to a football topic.

Why? Because I do not think I have to start a new thread about something when there is already one going.

It's like a car crash...you have to look.

A.J. started this thread as a service. Some of the "Older " posters have been getting frustrated with the quality of the main board and he addressed the situation....something that SOME OF US are very thankful for and something he has EVERY right to do.

10. -60
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ronnie Brown is a bust.

Is it 3am yet?