Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!

1. -71
    Bon vivant

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Illinois
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A.J. Very nice post. Thanks for handling things in such a direct, yet professional manner.

2. -72
    Hungry For A Championship

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    yea your right, but if there came a point where thats how we actually felt about the site (within reason) (Ownership determines what's acceptable and what isn't) who would want to post anything. It would be a bunch of nerds patting each other on the back. its a thin line.
    Ownership has always determined what is acceptable and what is not on this site. And I might add, that the ownership has proven itself worthy of respect. The result is normally interesting discussion on both sides of the issues and there is no lack of posts.

It's a shame that the management had to step in at all and remind some folks to THINK and use a little self restraint. I guess it's too easy to FEEL than to think. Restraint is a good thing. A river without borders becomes a destructive flood.
    ..."Coaches are all alike," Zonk said. "Shula would fine you, but that was secondary. It was the disapproval that bothered you and motivated you." ...

3. -73
    Don't touch the nipple Focker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Naples, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rock on!
    This space is reserved for comment after the Draft. At that point, hope will begin.

4. -74
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks Aj

5. -75
    Marino HOF 2005

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rockville, Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bravo, AJ. I am a long-time, diehard Dolphins fan who isn't terribly knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game. That I readily admit. So I've come to appreciate this site because I usually learn a thing or three on a regular basis. The junk posters were beginning to overtake the site and stir up meaningless, useless 'conversation' that devovled into virtual shouting matches with no thought or care given to responses. Thanks to you and the Mods for your tireless policing of the site and to your commitment to excellence. That's the Dolphin way.

6. -76
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    yeah you heard him. i'm going to tell mom....all this butt kissing is making me ill.
    It was only a matter of time until it became "butt-kissing." Opinions are one thing, but posting them continuously and without much thought (if any at all) is a dumb thing to do on ANY forum or in any real life community. I don't see how asking people to think before starting a new thread is such a huge request.

But, if you want to stick to your "anti-establishment," "the man's holding me down" shtick, by all means, knock yourself out. Fight the power. Fight the powers that be.

7. -77
    unknown quantity

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinstiGator
    Ownership has always determined what is acceptable and what is not on this site. And I might add, that the ownership has proven itself worthy of respect. The result is normally interesting discussion on both sides of the issues and there is no lack of posts.

It's a shame that the management had to step in at all and remind some folks to THINK and use a little self restraint. I guess it's too easy to FEEL than to think. Restraint is a good thing. A river without borders becomes a destructive flood.
    yeah your right there has to be guidelines (within reason). i think this is all much ado over nothing. just ignore the threads and boom!!!! there gone.

8. -78
    unknown quantity

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo
    It was only a matter of time until it became "butt-kissing." Opinions are one thing, but posting them continuously and without much thought (if any at all) is a dumb thing to do on ANY forum or in any real life community. I don't see how asking people to think before starting a new thread is such a huge request.

But, if you want to stick to your "anti-establishment," "the man's holding me down" shtick, by all means, knock yourself out. Fight the power. Fight the powers that be.
    ahh come on. you have to admit there is some butt kissing going on in this thread. but all opinions are valued. cut brown he's a bust

9. -79
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    AJ you may want to give people some instructions on using the ignore list feature. It solves alot of headaches and most new members don't know where it is.

10. -80
    unknown quantity

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron
    AJ you may want to give people some instructions on using the ignore list feature. It solves alot of headaches and most new members don't know where it is.
    yeah year right. you should only hear what you want to hear. read what you want to read. king of your little world.