Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 131

Thread: Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!

  1. -81
    Megatron's Avatar
    The POFO bully.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    8,563
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    yeah year right. you should only hear what you want to hear. read what you want to read. king of your little world.
    No if you find that someone bothers you on here you can turn them off. I think you are mistaking the ignore feature as censorship, that seems to be what you're preaching from that soapbox of yours. The ignore feature is a way for members to perserve an enjoyable experience for themselves and as a bonus for everyone else. Because hostile cyber-battles dominate good threads and turn alot of people off, I'd actually praise the person that says enough of it and ignores the other.

  2. -82
    HelloMotto's Avatar
    unknown quantity

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    1,292
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron
    No if you find that someone bothers you on here you can turn them off. I think you are mistaking the ignore feature as censorship, that seems to be what you're preaching from that soapbox of yours. The ignore feature is a way for members to perserve an enjoyable experience for themselves and as a bonus for everyone else. Because hostile cyber-battles dominate good threads and turn alot of people off, I'd actually praise the person that says enough of it and ignores the other.
    if they were insulting or attacking that is against tos. they should be banned. If you ignore because they present a different point of view than what you agree with than that is censorship. I personally want the good and the bad. people need to be open minded no matter how stupid some of the threads are.

  3. -83
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,422
    vCash:
    10097
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    yeah year right. you should only hear what you want to hear. read what you want to read. king of your little world.
    Still on the shtick I see. Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal in being a "dissenter;" its very appealing to consider yourself along the likes MLK Jr., forefathers of the revolution, and whatnot. Unfortunately, this is just the internet, and a minute part of it to say the least. Personally, I think the perennial soapboxers are more annoying than the "butt-kissers." Especially when they dissent in a thread that is just telling people to think before starting a thread and make sure it isn't already posted. Why is that sooooo hard? He's not asking you to become the next St. Anthony or anything. Just think and search. Or vice versa.

    The ignore feature is there to avoid conflicts that result in name calling, etc. It has less to do with opinion than with inappropriate behavior. With the number of people on this board, its impossible to avoid opinions you don't agree with it, it also makes it more likely that tempers will flare. It also avoids, somewhat, the chance that you will see someone that keeps starting a thread saying the same thing over and over and over and over....






  4. -84
    Megatron's Avatar
    The POFO bully.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    8,563
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    if they were insulting or attacking that is against tos. they should be banned. If you ignore because they present a different point of view than what you agree with than that is censorship. I personally want the good and the bad. people need to be open minded no matter how stupid some of the threads are.
    But the line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise you end up with good threads getting buried in a deluge of " Brown SUX!!" threads. I have been on this site alot longer than most realise and at one time I would have been considered a "bad apple" for my views. But the board itself was always about good football talk and constructive viewpoints about the team. As time has passed I have realised that AJ, Muck, Wharfrat, Terry Tate, Njfinfan, Wildbill3 (not P4E, ) etc. etc. are not into censoring people and are trying to make this site a great place to talk about Dolphins football. They're not "coming down on your beliefs" they are just trying to perserve a great DOLPHINS experience for their members. I mean this isn't a big shocker. The TOS lays out quite clearly what the rules of the site are. Do people take the time to read it?? Did you?? I know I didn't and I rubbed some of these guys the wrong way. But I have taken the time since and I agree that these are their rules but it is their site. This post by AJ is perfect timing because with the huge number of new members it's important to perserve the original purpose of the message board and not let it slip into chaos.

  5. -85
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    19,422
    vCash:
    10097
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    if they were insulting or attacking that is against tos. they should be banned. If you ignore because they present a different point of view than what you agree with than that is censorship. I personally want the good and the bad. people need to be open minded no matter how stupid some of the threads are.
    That is not censorship. That is not reading something that you don't want to read. The word censorship is thrown around too easily. Censorship is keeping others from hearing someone's views. It's removal and supression. If anything, ignoring people is only censoring yourself. If someone writes, "Ronnie is a bust!!1! We suck!!12 !@*(#R^#~!!" I won't read it because chances are great that it will be a waste of my time. Thats a time management decision, not a censorship or closeminded one.

  6. -86
    dolphan117's Avatar
    Premium Member

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    6,825
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke0123
    I got your "JT bust" thread and Im and "old" timer around here .. I got a nice laugh out of it and completely got/enjoyed the sentament (sp) dont appologize for that...your posting was in response to what was bothering most of the "reasonable" members here at least thats mo.
    I agree. At the same time MANY, MANY thanks to AJ both for this thread and even more so you and the other mods for all the time you take even though you are busy with other things. I have no idea how you keep this sit up while working and going to school.:eek: Again thanks to all .

  7. -87
    HelloMotto's Avatar
    unknown quantity

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    1,292
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    northeast ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo
    That is not censorship. That is not reading something that you don't want to read. The word censorship is thrown around too easily. Censorship is keeping others from hearing someone's views. It's removal and supression. If anything, ignoring people is only censoring yourself. If someone writes, "Ronnie is a bust!!1! We suck!!12 !@*(#R^#~!!" I won't read it because chances are great that it will be a waste of my time. Thats a time management decision, not a censorship or closeminded one.
    hey if you guys want to guy thru life with blinders on, more power to you. There was a bunch of stupid threads last week. Once people started to ignore them they all vanished. i believe no intervention is needed. I'm stepping off my soap box today. have a good day.

  8. -88
    Megatron's Avatar
    The POFO bully.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    8,563
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    hey if you guys want to guy thru life with blinders on, more power to you. There was a bunch of stupid threads last week. Once people started to ignore them they all vanished. i believe no intervention is needed. I'm stepping off my soap box today. have a good day.
    Welcome to my ignore list............J/K. Ciao.

  9. -89
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    17,876
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMotto
    I'm stepping off my soap box today.

  10. -90
    Megatron's Avatar
    The POFO bully.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2004
    Posts:
    8,563
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WharfRat

Similar Threads

  1. All Posters: Please Read!
    By fin-atic in forum The Ladies Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM
  2. Attention New and Old Posters Alike! READ ME!
    By FinHeavenAJ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-21-2005, 03:12 PM
  3. Attention... please read.
    By FinHeavenAJ in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 11:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •