Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: left tackle spot & o-line

1. -1
    "YOU'RE GOING DOWN!"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

left tackle spot & o-line

let's face it, until we improove the at the left tackle spot & general o-line play, it's hard to make a ronnie/caddy comparrision. i've seen enough of mcintosh on this team. he's been dreadull each week, draws the other's teams best d-ends and/o outside linebackers and has proven he can not get the job done! its hard to get anything going when your o-line is doing an abysmyl job drive blocking which was pretty evident this sunday against the jets. that being said, i do believe that ronnie has to stop hesitating at the line of scrimmage. hit it and go! many great backs did it w/sub par lines(can anyone name anybody on those chicago bear o-lines in the early portion of sweetness career?). i know it sounds like i want my cake and eat it too, who doesn't. i just think its too early too make comparrisions. if the numbers are the same , lets say week 12, 13, well then maybe we'll have to worry.

:gossip:
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Manning to Tyree = Best SB Play EVER!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Generally the best D-Ends and outside linebackers go to left tackle. Another thing, unless the Left Tackle is Walter Jones that will always be the case. Man do I wish Miami had Walter Jones
    “If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.”
    by Dave Berry
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Heheheheheheheh

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Generally the best D-Ends and outside linebackers go to left tackle. Another thing, unless the Left Tackle is Walter Jones that will always be the case. Man do I wish Miami had Walter Jones
    i wouldnt mind pace either
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. I think that's a weakness that is obviously lingering. I wonder if Saban will move Carey to LT permanently or if Alabi eventually gets some action there. I just think McIntosh is too slow for the position. I'd like to see Alabi eventually get some playing time so that the coaching staff can evaluate his potential. The good news is that there are four really good prospects at left tackle in next years draft so Miami might be able to solve the problem through the draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joneal7
    i wouldnt mind pace either
    Or Ogden.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    England
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan
    I agree. I think that's a weakness that is obviously lingering. I wonder if Saban will move Carey to LT permanently or if Alabi eventually gets some action there. I just think McIntosh is too slow for the position. I'd like to see Alabi eventually get some playing time so that the coaching staff can evaluate his potential. The good news is that there are four really good prospects at left tackle in next years draft so Miami might be able to solve the problem through the draft.
    eventually you might... but in TC he looked more like a TE than a LT. He needs a good year of NFL strength and conditioning.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CREED IN THREE!
    let's face it, until we improove the at the left tackle spot & general o-line play, it's hard to make a ronnie/caddy comparrision. i've seen enough of mcintosh on this team. he's been dreadull each week, draws the other's teams best d-ends and/o outside linebackers and has proven he can not get the job done! its hard to get anything going when your o-line is doing an abysmyl job drive blocking which was pretty evident this sunday against the jets. that being said, i do believe that ronnie has to stop hesitating at the line of scrimmage. hit it and go! many great backs did it w/sub par lines(can anyone name anybody on those chicago bear o-lines in the early portion of sweetness career?). i know it sounds like i want my cake and eat it too, who doesn't. i just think its too early too make comparrisions. if the numbers are the same , lets say week 12, 13, well then maybe we'll have to worry.

:gossip:
    I see the middle of the line as more of a problem than the tackles. Look, Big Mac will never be W. Jones, but in pass blocking, in general, he haven't been too bad. Run blocking is another story. LT is an area of deficiency that we didn't improve on this offseason (QB was the other). I don't blame Saban and there is obviously time to prove it wrong yet this season. Perhaps HH can still make something of them...we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    or Willie Roaf
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Undisputed #1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus,OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can you say D'Brickshaw Ferguson?? THE NEXT BIG THING!
    I am a loser
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think the line's improving. At this point last year we had NO RUNNING GAPS and we had allowed 5 sacks. We so far this year have only gave up 2 sacks and are trying to improve run blocking against very good run stuffing teams. So, I'm just saying be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote