Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wide Receivers Must Step It Up!

1. -1
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wide Receivers Must Step It Up!

The wide receivers must step it up tomorrow for a Dolphin victory! They are the key, and not Ronnie, and I will explain why. The Carolina Defense is good for sure no doubt, however there passing Defense is 20th in the league, and we must attack it like no other! If we do this, the defense must play us honest, then play action pass comes into play the freeze them, and then Ronnie will have more holes to hit because the defense will play back, and then our Oline will step it up tomorrow! What will help us even more if our wide outs can make yards after the catch, then they will have to respect them even more. Plus Gus won't have to worry about having the line stacked.

Let's Go Dolphins!:beerbang:

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali
    The wide receivers must step it up tomorrow for a Dolphin victory! They are the key, and not Ronnie, and I will explain why. The Carolina Defense is good for sure no doubt, however there passing Defense is 20th in the league, and we must attack it like no other! If we do this, the defense must play us honest, then play action pass comes into play the freeze them, and then Ronnie will have more holes to hit because the defense will play back, and then our Oline will step it up tomorrow! What will help us even more if our wide outs can make yards after the catch, then they will have to respect them even more. Plus Gus won't have to worry about having the line stacked.

Let's Go Dolphins!:beerbang:
    Great post man, very valid point for tomorrow's game. I've said it a few times already, but Peppers and Ruckers are the two concerns I have. Rather the Panther's secondary is questionable or not, those two guys can prevent Gus from getting a chance to expose their secondary. If we use Randy McMike and Ronnie to help block Ruckers and Peppers(can't focus on one because then other sneaks in), then we will have time to take it to the air and expose their secondary. Booker going long, Chambers running the slants, and Boston getting the short yardage passes should be what we will see...but I'm sure Scott L. and Saban have some good stuff ready for the offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I'm on my comma

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right on.

But not only the WR's - the FB's, TE's and anyone playing H-back must be sure-handed on screens, since they will be key to keeping the Panthers' brutal rush honest.

Otherwise, it's gonna be a long, long day.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i want to see chambers do something tomorrow. He hasnt shown me enough this season yet althought the season just started.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinz1972
    Great post man, very valid point for tomorrow's game. I've said it a few times already, but Peppers and Ruckers are the two concerns I have. Rather the Panther's secondary is questionable or not, those two guys can prevent Gus from getting a chance to expose their secondary. If we use Randy McMike and Ronnie to help block Ruckers and Peppers(can't focus on one because then other sneaks in), then we will have time to take it to the air and expose their secondary. Booker going long, Chambers running the slants, and Boston getting the short yardage passes should be what we will see...but I'm sure Scott L. and Saban have some good stuff ready for the offense.
    Great post yourself! You may see two tight end sets to try to give Gus protection, then McMichael may slide off into the flat. The running backs, and fullbacks must protect gus at all costs, and not miss picking up any rushers, or blitzers! We can win this!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Can Sammy M. and or Heath Evans block good? I ask because I haven't seen much of either when it comes to blocking rushers.

The two TE set you mentioned would be a good way to go..contain the best player on the defense for the panthers...then once he is contained, sneak off and catch a ball for some nice yardage. If we get in 3rd & long situations, we will need to block big time because the panthers will come with the blitz in a heartbeat and Peppers has the speed to do it in a flash.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Go Spartans!!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Michigan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can Sammy M. and or Heath Evans block good? I ask because I haven't seen much of either when it comes to blocking rushers.
    Blocking is probably Sammy's biggest asset. Evans is also an adequate blocker for a FB.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Fin Fan in Cali, when you mentioned the two TE set, who do you think would be the 2nd TE to block? Donald Lee is ok with blocking but he does blow his scheme sometimes, & I haven't seen enough of L. Diamond to go out and say "He will be the blocking TE."
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fin Fan in Cali, when you mentioned the two TE set, who do you think would be the 2nd TE to block? Donald Lee is ok with blocking but he does blow his scheme sometimes, & I haven't seen enough of L. Diamond to go out and say "He will be the blocking TE."
    bro Lee is gone. I think it would be McMichael and Diamond in the set, and I think Diamond would be the surprise to chip block probably Peepers on the way out, and catch a pass in the flat. The reason I say that is that they will be looking for McMichael all day tomorrow, so we have to throw them a curb ball. Just my two cents.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Make me a sammich

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali
    bro Lee is gone. I think it would be McMichael and Diamond in the set, and I think Diamond would be the surprise to chip block probably Peepers on the way out, and catch a pass in the flat. The reason I say that is that they will be looking for McMichael all day tomorrow, so we have to throw them a curb ball. Just my two cents.
    :o

Ooops, forgive me, its 1:07am and I've been filling my head with too much knowledge on non-football related things, and the "Lee Cut" news awhile back slipped my mind. Hope nobody else catches that
    Quote Quote