Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gus By the Numbers

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Gus By the Numbers

Statistics don't tell everything. I love the team Saban has assembled - a bunch of hard-working, blue-collar guys who seem to find ways to win. The effort is there and the desire and will to win is now a part of this team - big difference from the group last year that lost confidence and heart under you know who.

Some statistics, however, are relevant. Gus, by the numbers, now possesses a 72.1 QB rating. J.P. Lose - Man is at 61 and Brady has an 88 QB rating. Of course, NY's Qb's are Missing In Action. This says a lot about our division. I think more than anything Gus has to pick things up a bit if we are going to stay with the Patsies. I doubt Brady will drop much and I think both the Jets and Bills will stay in trouble at the QB position.

I believe this team will continue to improve and the QB spot will be an important area as the season progresses. I'll be keeping an eye on the QB rating and see if it translates to wins.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And I think Frerotte is still getting his timing down with the receivers. Wait till Ricky shows up and lets Ronnie become more involved in the passing game too.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he can find some touch for the deep ball.....
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shouright
    And I think Frerotte is still getting his timing down with the receivers. Wait till Ricky shows up and lets Ronnie become more involved in the passing game too.
    I really think Gus will get nothing but better, with time to work with the weapons at his disposal. There is no doubt the man has a strong arm. Given that time to develop you will see his qb rating climb into the 80's
    THE BEAST OF THE EAST
    PARTNERSHIP FOR A BUFFALO BILLS- FREE AMERICA
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    So you're telling me there's a chance...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His rating may not be great, but it's solid. He's not making the mistakes that killed us last year, and he's got the arm to make all the throws. I love how he's not afraid to launch the ball if he sees an opening deep; that's a dimension that's been missing from this offense since JJ arrived.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm back in Florida BABY!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not only will he get better, but the receivers, backs, and lineman will get better. Gus knows this offense and is comfortable with it, the other are still learning even after 5 preseason games and 3 regular season games. Once everyone has this offsense down and they are in sync. Once it becomes second nature to everyone, I think it will look very impressive. Ricky coming back of course will also increase the number of options Linehan has with play calling and help maybe even put in some new plays that might not neccesarily be in the playbook right now..

It's better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
    "Mark Twain"
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Left Coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Only numbers I care about are wins and losses...so far I like what I see.
    Chris -

Bleeding aqua and orange since 1972
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As long a Gus' rating stays north of 70, we'll be alright.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Smackdab in the middle of Hoosierland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan57
    Statistics don't tell everything. I love the team Saban has assembled - a bunch of hard-working, blue-collar guys who seem to find ways to win. The effort is there and the desire and will to win is now a part of this team - big difference from the group last year that lost confidence and heart under you know who.

Some statistics, however, are relevant. Gus, by the numbers, now possesses a 72.1 QB rating. J.P. Lose - Man is at 61 and Brady has an 88 QB rating. Of course, NY's Qb's are Missing In Action. This says a lot about our division. I think more than anything Gus has to pick things up a bit if we are going to stay with the Patsies. I doubt Brady will drop much and I think both the Jets and Bills will stay in trouble at the QB position.

I believe this team will continue to improve and the QB spot will be an important area as the season progresses. I'll be keeping an eye on the QB rating and see if it translates to wins.
    Brady's numbers will suffer with the loss of Matt Light. NE always has guys to step in after injuries, but replacing a quality starting left tackle isnt gonna be easy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    get your chief on...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northeastern NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is just nice to go into a game expecting to win again...instead of hoping we don't lose.

Quote Quote