Dolphins pick up 5th yr option on Waddle and Phillips | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins pick up 5th yr option on Waddle and Phillips

While I'd like to agree with you... sadly, I can't. I firmly believe that Waddle's best game is in the middle of the field.
He isn't tall... he isn't going to dominate on the sidelines. For better or worse, his arena is in the middle of the field, trying not to get killed.
Throw to Waddle anywhere you want, just don't hang him out to dry like was done several times last year. There's just no need for it.

I still think swing and screen passes have a place in any attack. You have to attack the entire field.

Considering what Ali Marpet said yesterday about Tom Brady, it should go without saying that the easy plays need to become more of a routine for us.

If I never see another wide receiver screen I’ll be the happiest man alive. Such a dumb play call. Go forward, not backwards. Want to see much more positive short passes in the 4-10 yard range rather than behind the LoS plays.
Those plays were the worst. McD seems smart enough to learn from his mistakes.

Season 16 Crying GIF by American Idol

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

If that's true WR in round 1 is SO in play.

It’s not. Either smoke screen or matter of contract demands. Don’t see how they don’t keep him similar to Devonta Smith #’s. If he wants 30+ then will be an issue but he’s off to a great career start posting 3 straight 1k seasons plus his chemistry with Tua and we also have Tyreek retiring probably in the next 3 years or so. McDaniel is always going to want wideouts so wouldn’t cross off a wideout early even if not true just because eventually we’ll need to replace Hill and we need a third reliable option.

Those plays were the worst. McD seems smart enough to learn from his mistakes.
I think we ran WR screens more than any team in the NFL and were the 3rd or 4th most effective at it.

It’d be great if we more in alignment with SF on this - they ran WR screens/bubble screens league average and were the most efficient team at them by a wide margin.

I think we ran WR screens more than any team in the NFL and were the 3rd or 4th most effective at it.

It’d be great if we more in alignment with SF on this - they ran WR screens/bubble screens league average and were the most efficient team at them by a wide margin.
I don’t mind the bubble screen in general. I just don’t like it on third and short. Don’t like a pitch play in that situation either. Nothing with the ball traveling backwards in the air on third and short.

I don’t mind the bubble screen in general. I just don’t like it on third and short. Don’t like a pitch play in that situation either. Nothing with the ball traveling backwards in the air on third and short.
I don’t mind it in doses - we just ran bubble screens every time… instead of running it up the gut when Mostert was very successful in 3rd and short situations.

Back
Top Bottom