Rumour: OBJ to Miami Confirmed to be a rumor | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumour: OBJ to Miami Confirmed to be a rumor

The guy hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2019. He's not the guy you think he is...

He would still probably make a great WR3, though.
Targets YoY:

2020: 43 (7 games played)
2021: 82 (2 Team Year 14 games played)
2022: DNP
2023: 64 (14 games played)

You don't get 1000 yards when you are hurt, play for multiple teams, don't play and are targeted as a 3rd.

When targeted over 100 times prior to 2019 he was over 1000 every single time. There are circumstances outside of the receiver that contribute to total yards. Things like TOP and the QB throwing the ball.

Targets YoY:

2020: 43 (7 games played)
2021: 82 (2 Team Year 14 games played)
2022: DNP
2023: 64 (14 games played)

You don't get 1000 yards when you are hurt, play for multiple teams, don't play and are targeted as a 3rd.

When targeted over 100 times prior to 2019 he was over 1000 every single time. There are circumstances outside of the receiver that contribute to total yards. Things like TOP and the QB throwing the ball.
This may be true, but IMO the reasons are irrelevant. In reality, the guy hasn't been much since 2019, other than a few flashes that were few and far between. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him as a WR3, but it just doesn't wiggle my d*ck all that much and I wouldn't be disappointed if we missed out.

This may be true, but IMO the reasons are irrelevant. In reality, the guy hasn't been much since 2019, other than a few flashes that were few and far between. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him as a WR3, but it just doesn't wiggle my d*ck all that much and I wouldn't be disappointed if we missed out.
It shouldn't, its WR3, not exactly pushing the envelope. I think people are missing the fact that he would no doubt be a top tier WR3. Hell, if given targets he would probably a top WR2. All that really matters here is the money for Miami. If they can make a somewhat decent deal, this is a hit out of the park. If not, no big deal.

Confirmed? Confirmed by Miami?

Unless I missed something, I haven’t heard Miami or OBJ confirm anything. This is speculation. It may happen, but nothing is confirmed.
I haven't heard of any visits or another team having interest which makes me wonder if we locked him down "unofficially" and announcement in June.

Is this still cooking?

It appears so. I’d say it’s a better then 50/50 proposition at this point and if I were given those odds, I’d bet on it happening.

I also think it’s possible it’s a 2 year deal and not just 1.

For him to sit back and not take any visits before the draft is pretty indicative.

Last edited:
It appears so. I’d say it’s a better then 50/50 proposition at this point and if I were given those odds, I’d bet on it happening.

For him to sit back and not take any visits before the draft is pretty indicative.
Could just be indicative of the fact that no team thinks he is worth signing. But I have nothing.
awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Could just be indicative of the fact that no team thinks he is worth signing. But I have nothing.
awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG
Maybe just, OBJ (sounds like cross between Simpson and X) is waiting till after the draft to see who missed out on receivers xyz and are now ready to pay him. Takes at least two to play poker. I tried it alone once... nevermind

I’m also betting he signs.

The people against his fit on our team don’t know football - this is one of those times when a blanket statement is 100% true.

Back
Top Bottom