Rumour: OBJ to Miami Confirmed to be a rumor | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumour: OBJ to Miami Confirmed to be a rumor

I’m also betting he signs.

The people against his fit on our team don’t know football - this is one of those times when a blanket statement is 100% true.

I think its also people thinking we're actually considering a WR in the first round, which I am nearly positive we aren't. I can't believe how much draft talk has revolved around the WR3 spot as a potential first round pick when our OL is below average at best.

I believe a deal will get done. But there's another side of me that wonders if Grier is creating a smokescreen with a wide receiver as a potential round 1 target?

Thomas, Worthy???

Could just be indicative of the fact that no team thinks he is worth signing. But I have nothing.
awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Baltimore's GM Eric DeCosta, in his own words, said he's been texting Odell all off season about returning to the Ravens. Given that Beckham still displayed the ability to run, I think a lot of teams would be interested but he's not all that interested in just going anywhere for a pay check. At this point, he's looking for an ideal fit to wrap up his career, given that he'll be 32 in the fall his next stop could be his last.

He's also stated that he wants to play with a pocket passer and its hard to imagine a better situation for him than Miami. He knows he'll get favorable matchups all year on a team that needs a little more juice to get over the top. And its Miami. Not Cincinnati, Kansas City or Pittsburgh.

I believe a deal will get done. But there's another side of me that wonders if Grier is creating a smokescreen with a wide receiver as a potential round 1 target?

Thomas, Worthy???

If it were a smokescreen you wouldn't have met with him 3 weeks before the draft and then went radio silent on the matter, you likely bring him in now.

I don't think there is a single executive in the league thinks that Miami is considering a WR at 21, regardless of Beckham.

Last edited:
I think its also people thinking we're actually considering a WR in the first round, which I am nearly positive we aren't. I can't believe how much draft talk has revolved around the WR3 spot as a potential first round pick when our OL is below average at best.

Agree.

For now, I could live w/ B. Rice or Corley at 55.

p.s. If Miami took Darius Robinson at 21 over a WR ... the drama on this site would be epically priceless.

Agree.

For now, I could live w/ B. Rice or Corley at 55.

p.s. If Miami took Darius Robinson at 21 over a WR ... the drama on this site would be epically priceless.

I don't think WR is in play for the second round either. Love Corley though, I'd be surprised if he lasted to 55 and certainly wouldn't mind it, just don't see it happening.

Those first two picks need to be guys who protect your QB or try to hurt the other team's QB.

Hill, Waddle, Achane, Moster, J.Smith are your skill guys in 2024, with limited assets and needs on both lines, you can't look using one of your two premium picks on a 5th or 6th option on offense and expect to close the gap against KC or Baltimore.

San Fran is the only team in the league that can rival that group of skill players.

Last edited:
If it were a smokescreen you wouldn't have met with him 3 weeks before the draft and then went radio silent on the matter, you likely bring him in now.

I don't think there is a single executive in the league thinks that Miami is considering a WR at 21, regardless of Beckham.
Most likely true.

Most likely true.

I think we’ve covered our bases enough in free agency where it’s just not clear what we’ll do because we could do anything we want. However I still don’t think we’ll see WR as enough of a need to pass on a worthy OL, which undoubtedly will be available to us.

Single executive or Fin-Loco 😘

Talented kid with lingering medical issues. I’d assume he’s learned the playbook by now, lol. Even if we add OBJ or draft a WR on day 1 or 2, he will still have the opportunity to find a role. He has a unique skillset and McD will scheme him onto the field IF he proves Worthy (no pun intended) in the offseason program.

We got a glimpse of that on the first drive of the season in LA last season.

Back
Top Bottom