Trade down with #21 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade down with #21

This is 100% correct. Compensatory picks cannot be treated, so Miami would have to trade their own third round pick. Having said that with the draft this year being much deeper than the 2025 draft, I would have no problem taking our third next year and bundling it with potentially our second or if we trade down whatever pic we get there to grab another starter in the top two rounds. With a 1st, a second, and 3/3 rounders next year it gives us the flexibility to move our third move up this year. This is especially true if you’re needing a wide receiver since 2025 draft is much weaker in that position, in a lot of defensive backs and defensive lineman are projected to go in the first next year.
Compensatory picks can be traded once they officially have been assigned to a team. It used to be that you couldn't trade compensatory picks, but they changed that several years ago.

W2hat do you think we could get if a player the Packers like drops to #21 and we shift to #25?

What if the Chiefs call and offer Pick #32, pick #64 & a 2025 1st?

You have to say yes to that
Let's stay at least near the realm of possibility.

I understand you are trying to make a point, but reality should play a part in the scenario.

Would I rather have more picks? Sure.

But Im not about to trade away a shot at a starting caliber guy for 2 crapshoots that will probably play special teams at best.

Trade up and get the player you want.
I wouldn't want to do that either. This draft is too important and too deep in trench players. Not much ammo to trade up and I know you don't want to stand pat and watch 100 high quality picks come off the board. Some of these guys are really blue chip athletes even late into the 3rd round. The whole draft is a crapshoot but 3 or 4 picks in the top 100 could fix our trenches in a big way. Have you done any mocks? I've done many!!

Trade back but stay in the first round. I'd only accept deals that help us now, not next year. In other words of a team wants to move to 21 and offers us a very late first rounder and a 3rd rounder for next year go back and get a pick out of them for this draft, this year and let them keep their 3rd rounder for next year. We almost are forced to trade back because after we pick at 55 our next pick is 158. Do we really want to sit there and watch every team in the NFL get better except us? That's over 100 picks, we can't do that. This is a deep draft, especially for our needs in the trenches. If we play it right we can replace Wilkins and fix our oline once and for all and grab a TE.
Reasonable enough.

I wouldn't want to do that either. This draft is too important and too deep in trench players. Not much ammo to trade up and I know you don't want to stand pat and watch 100 high quality picks come off the board. Some of these guys are really blue chip athletes even late into the 3rd round. The whole draft is a crapshoot but 3 or 4 picks in the top 100 could fix our trenches in a big way. Have you done any mocks? I've done many!!
Do you think it is best for the team, or because you dont want to sit there and watch the draft where we have no picks for 2 rounds?

Every year people think these guys are all amazing, but in reality, most dont pan out.

Crap, even Grier said he doesnt have 21 players rated as first round picks. That tells me that this draft isnt as deep as people think.

Get the guy that will start day 1. Our drafts have been ugly lately, we need a stud.

Do you think it is best for the team, or because you dont want to sit there and watch the draft where we have no picks for 2 rounds?

Every year people think these guys are all amazing, but in reality, most dont pan out.

Crap, even Grier said he doesnt have 21 players rated as first round picks. That tells me that this draft isnt as deep as people think.

Get the guy that will start day 1. Our drafts have been ugly lately, we need a stud.
Let's see who drops! I'd love a stud too. GM's lie this time of year!

If teams drafting 1R after Miami feel there aren't 21 1R players, that may mean trade ups are likely from desperate teams. It could also mean it's less likely for top players to fall. All depends on the needs of teams #22 and below.

At #21 Nix might be on the board.

Brian Thomas Jr. Could be the hot ticket at #21 teams like KC and Buffalo are WR desperate.
If Nix reaches 21, I would think someone would trade up for him. We could be in a good leverage spot.

If Nix reaches 21, I would think someone would trade up for him. We could be in a good leverage spot.
I doubt Nix will be but Penix probably will and someone will be in love with him too.

This draft is very deep. If there is a great OT or pass rusher left I'd take them. If not move back to pick up a 3rd or 4th rounder and take in interior Olineman.

Back
Top Bottom