The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Draft is Over and it is Now Time to Turn to Phase 3 of Free Agency

Diggs and Simmons are still out there at safety. OBJ at receiver. Risner and Van Roten at guard.

That is a good deal of veteran talent that could impact this team.

I’m still in on OBJ even after the draft. You always have to have some concern about rookie receivers being able to quickly pick up the offense.

I can see a guard and maybe a safety.....I don’t see us getting any more DT's and not sure about WR
If we knew EZ would emerge, I'd stay pat at wide receiver. But add OBJ and the wide receiver room looks really good.

Hill
Waddle
OBJ
Washington
EZ??
6th... Berrios, Cracraft, USC Washington

I'd be surprised if we sign another WR. It would have to be a Vet signing a deal like Poyer did.

I think we are looking at Gaurd and Saftey.
Safety, for sure.

I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a vet WR, but certainly not two.

As much as I like the idea of signing nice expensive vets, I would prefer we sign OBJ at a 14m 2 year deal then bank the rest for Tua's contract next year to basically wash out X's lingering stain here.

We have zero need for Odell, we have Malik in the slot and Hill and Waddle outside. ObJ would hardly see the field and he's gonna want 8 million to sit in the bench.
I would take him at the right price, like one year at vet min, or slightly more.

Neither TH or JW can take 100% of the snaps. Washington is fine but remember, both of our top receivers shift and motion into and out of the slot area. There is need for a true boundary receiver.

Now, I don't see that guy getting more than 40-50 targets max, but you still need a competent body.

I'd kick the tires on quite a few FA out there.

Sucks not knowing if Holland is in the plans long term but let's assume he isn't. Still have Simmons, Jackson, and Diggs to see what their contract demands are at this stage in the game. The Gator homer in me would also bring in Maye and Neal. Maybe even see if Peterson would like to end his career at safety although I'm not sure he's physical enough. I'd bring him in regardless though.

Wouldn't hate seeing Campbell in for a visit. You can't tell me he wouldn't get a ton of snaps on the line.

Van Roten would also get a call from me.

That's about it, honestly. I wouldn't waste any space on the ghost of OBJ. Talk about paying for name only. No need for that progress stopper here, please and thank you.

To try and understand the thought behind the move is what if waddle or hill go down for games ?

Taking that into account I do see the appeal with Odell as he can line up at all three positions and threaten all three levels.

I love Malik but I doubt he’s ready to handle that 2nd receiver role on the outside
1000011177.jpg

Sounds great, I just have one question, Where are you gonna get a time machine to go back to 2019 and get the vesron of Odell you guys think still exists?

We have zero need for Odell, we have Malik in the slot and Hill and Waddle outside. ObJ would hardly see the field and he's gonna want 8 million to sit in the bench.
OBJ is insurance on the outside in case waddle or hill miss time or get injured

OBJ is insurance on the outside in case waddle or hill miss time or get injured
Hes injured all the time, hes gotten slower, year over year.

If you want another wideout I can understand that. But I don't understand why it's Odell.

Hes gonna want alot of money to sit on the bench. Hes gonna get hurt if he does see the field and he's old. He offers you nothing in the future.

Other much better FA options.

Hunter Renfrow
Tyler Boyd
Dj Chark

All these guy make more sense than Odell, they are younger, faster and might be around longer than a year.

Hes injured all the time, hes gotten slower, year over year.

If you want another wideout I can understand that. But I don't understand why it's Odell.

Hes gonna want alot of money to sit on the bench. Hes gonna get hurt if he does see the field and he's old. He offers you nothing in the future.

Other much better FA options.

Hunter Renfrow
Tyler Boyd
Dj Chark

All these guy make more sense than Odell, they are younger, faster and might be around longer than a year.
I’m not a fan of him, just stating what i think their thought process is

View attachment 169908

Sounds great, I just have one question, Where are you gonna get a time machine to go back to 2019 and get the vesron of Odell you guys think still exists?
absolutely not the player he once was, but at 31 the body can rebound and get better than last few because of those injuries and strengthening in the off-season.

I just think we need someone that can backup waddle or hill

And pickings are slim

The guys from DolphinsTalk are friends of Finheaven. They give our site love on the air and have a great podcast. We love DolphinsTalk.

Good to know, I'll back off getting defensive. Just irked by those who drop links to their sites and don't contribute otherwise.

Personally I don't have much need for Dolphins podcasts when every single topic imaginable is discussed already here.

Good to know, I'll back off getting defensive. Just irked by those who drop links to their sites and don't contribute otherwise.

Personally I don't have much need for Dolphins podcasts when every single topic imaginable is discussed already here.
Dolphinstalk is good, Mike is a bit abrasive, but puts out good stuff. We hate Phinsider here. Brian Miller can eat a whole black trashbags of c0cks.

Back
Top Bottom