2024 Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Mock Draft

The other players that would’ve been available when he made his selections so we can judge his mock.

Starting a thread to throw 6 (more like 8) names out there seems lazy.
Please allow me to offer a "slight" correction to your post.

From: "The other players that would’ve been available when he made his selections so we can judge his mock."

To: "The other players that would’ve been available when he made his selections so we can mock his judgement." - LOL

If we can't trade down then this is a draft I would like.

Murphy replaces Wilkins.

Beebe replaces Hunt.

Johsnon gives us some pass rush which we will need until Phillips and Chubb return.

Jacobs is not an immediate need but thought he was too good to pass up.

Taylor and Sheppard add secondary depth.

Then sign OBJ or DJ Chark to be our WR3.

PFN_Draft_result_1713884916104.png

Murphy replaces Wilkins.

Beebe replaces Hunt.

Johsnon gives us some pass rush which we will need until Phillips and Chubb return.

View attachment 169350

Hey VA! It’s great to see you here! As usual I really like your mock draft. It’s unfortunate that Grier didn’t bother re-signing Wilkins or Hunt. Now the Dolphins have to use two draft picks to fill voids that used to be strengths for the Dolphins.

I was totally against trading out of the 1st round, which Grier loves to do, but after evaluating the talent there coupled with team needs at certain positions, I feel if certain players don’t fall to them it would be wise to make that move. I have a total man crush on Byron Murphy II and he’s my favorite player the Dolphins could draft. I really wish they had a player or the draft capital to move up to make sure they were able to draft him. I think he has All Pro written all over him. If Murphy is off the board my second choice would be Verse but after that I’d trade out if he’s not there. I think it would be a wasted pick to take another CB or WR in the 1st and I don’t see any Day 1 starting OL’s where the Dolphins are drafting.

Beebe is going to be a solid guard in the NFL. My only concern with him playing for the Dolphins is his footwork. I think he’s a solid pick for most teams that need a guard, I’m just not sure he will be a scheme fit for what McD wants to do on offense. Maybe he’s a quick learner and can pick it up? If I’m drafting an Edge rusher in the 5th round I would go with Gabriel Murphy. He’s a bit in the smaller side but what he lacks in size he makes up for in many other areas. If Weaver goes with a 3-4 Defense Murphy would slide in nicely. You should check him out if you don’t already know about him.

IF the Dolphins trade back I would really like them to draft G Zak Zinter in the 3rd or 4th because there’s no telling where he might be snatched up.

The draft is only two days away! 🐬

Last edited:
When I look at this and everytime I look at a list of our picks I think.... there's no way we don't pick from 55 to 158.

There has to be a trade down in the plans somewhere for the Dolphins.

Tonight my draft wish (this changes every few hours) is to trade down to like 28ish, get a 3rd rounder and select Barton or JPJ there.

Ideally, the phins trade back twice (GB & SF).
Unless Chop Robinson falls to #55
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Think Adissa Issac at 55

Hey VA! It’s great to see you here! As usual I really like your mock draft. It’s unfortunate that Grier didn’t bother re-signing Wilkins or Hunt. Now the Dolphins have to use two draft picks to fill voids that used to be strengths for the Dolphins.

I was totally against trading out of the 1st round, which Grier loves to do, but after evaluating the talent there coupled with team needs at certain positions, I feel if certain players don’t fall to them it would be wise to make that move. I have a total man crush on Byron Murphy II and he’s my favorite player the Dolphins could draft. I really wish they had a player or the draft capital to move up to make sure they were able to draft him. I think he has All Pro written all over him. If Murphy is off the board my second choice would be Verse but after that I’d trade out if he’s not there. I think it would be a wasted pick to take another CB or WR in the 1st and I don’t see any Day 1 starting OL’s where the Dolphins are drafting.

Beebe is going to be a solid guard in the NFL. My only concern with him playing for the Dolphins is his footwork. I think he’s a solid pick for most teams that need a guard, I’m just not sure he will be a scheme fit for what McD wants to do on offense. Maybe he’s a quick learner and can pick it up? If I’m drafting an Edge rusher in the 5th round I would go with Gabriel Murphy. He’s a bit in the smaller side but what he lacks in size he makes up for in many other areas. If Weaver goes with a 3-4 Defense Murphy would slide in nicely. You should check him out if you don’t already know about him.

IF the Dolphins trade back I would really like them to draft G Zak Zinter in the 3rd or 4th because there’s no telling where he might be snatched up.

So you were ok with paying those two north if 200,000,000 over the next few years?

It would be more unfortunate if we did extend them.

So you were ok with paying those two north if 200,000,000 over the next few years?

It would be more unfortunate if we did extend them.
I'm all for paying your home grown talent.... but not over paying that talent. They both got overpaid and they got overpaid by a big margin.

Hi Chris good to see you here too. Did you get the email I sent you the other day? Are we still doing Fantasy Football on the Yahoo site again?

Some of my favorites in round 1 are Verse, Murphy and Barton.

Then in round 2 I like Fiske, Beebe or Trice depending of course what we do in round 1.

I just hope we don't draft a DT. Please god. For the first time in my 30 years of Dolphins fandom we are able to choose the best player available and I hope we do so.

A lot of consciousness police out here checking people's posts.
But what if BPA turns out to be a NT?

I'm all for paying your home grown talent.... but not over paying that talent. They both got overpaid and they got overpaid by a big margin.
I agree. I don’t agree with overpaying for any player but it would have been nice if Grier would have tried to get something from these homegrown talented players rather than just letting them just walk for nothing. The NFL never gives the Dolphins fair compensatory picks for players they’ve lost in FA, they save those good picks for the Patriots and other teams.

I agree. I don’t agree with overpaying for any player but it would have been nice if Grier would have tried to get something from these homegrown talented players rather than just letting them just walk for nothing. The NFL never gives the Dolphins fair compensatory picks for players they’ve lost in FA, they save those good picks for the Patriots and other teams.
Not this time tho, we're gonna get comp picks for Hunt and Wilkins.

Hi Chris good to see you here too. Did you get the email I sent you the other day? Are we still doing Fantasy Football on the Yahoo site again?

Some of my favorites in round 1 are Verse, Murphy and Barton.

Then in round 2 I like Fiske, Beebe or Trice depending of course what we do in round 1.
Hey Shawn! No, I didn’t get your e-mail or I would have definitely responded. I will check out your e-mail and in my response I will give you my main e-mail address rather then the one I primarily use for fantasy football.

Yes, I do plan on keeping our Fantasy Football league going on Yahoo. We will just need to find a few new managers to fill in for the managers we lost due to the collapse of the other forum. Maybe we can find a few guys from FinHeaven to join our league?

Hey Shawn! No, I didn’t get your e-mail or I would have definitely responded. I will check out your e-mail and in my response I will give you my main e-mail address rather then the one I primarily use for fantasy football.

Yes, I do plan on keeping our Fantasy Football league going on Yahoo. We will just need to find a few new managers to fill in for the managers we lost due to the collapse of the other forum. Maybe we can find a few guys from FinHeaven to join our league?
I sent the email to you on April 17 responding to the last email you sent me on January 19.

Thats good we will do the Fantasy Football again on Yahoo. Sure maybe we can find some new managers to join our league from this site.

Hey, Fellow Dolphins Fans! I’ve been avoiding all football news after the 2023 collapse of our favorite team. I felt that if it wasn’t for the plethora of injuries our Dolphins team would have gone far in the playoffs. Anyway, below is my one and only Mock Draft. I know certain players might not be there when the Dolphins are on the clock but I tried my best to make this as realistic as I could, trying to predict which players would/should be there in each round. Forgive me if I’m off on a few players. Lol Please tell me what you think.

2024 NFL MOCK DRAFT

• Round 1, Selection 21 (21) - #1 DL Byron Murphy II
I, for one, always appreciate the value of a big BM.

Murphy replaces Wilkins.

Beebe replaces Hunt.

View attachment 169350
Just remember "Tua" things:
1) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
2) Only one OL player and five Defensive all over the place is probably not a good mix for our current team.

I, for one, always appreciate the value of a big BM.

TRUE, and I know because I've read a few of his other posts. - LOL

Calling "circumstances" the "Big BM" is easier to type and has improved accuracy going for it. - LOL

I mean this man almost always gets a "hole in one" or should that be "one in the hole". - LOL

"Tua" days until the draft begins.
That should explain everything. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom