2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

As I pointed out earlier, Liam Eichenberg gave up zero sacks in his final two years playing LT at Notre Dame. So if you are implying Paul is a good pick based on how many sacks he gave up the past two years. I guess that means Eichenberg was a better pick than Paul.
Exactly. This is why I advocate for drafting offensive linemen who give up dozens of sacks. Fool me once, shame on you. No more players who block well for me! Ideally I want my left tackle to get credited with 12-16 sacks per season.

Armstead is a great LT because he has a great skill set to work with. He has been on the roster for the past two years and yet he hasn’t been able to use that skill set to improve the play of the backup LT’s on the team.

I think having Armstead to learn from MIGHT benefit Paul but I still think they will have to draft a starting LT in the first round next year.
I thought Lamm was solid last year. No telling if armstead played a part

Do we trade two 2025 thirds to get into the 2024 third round?

Armstead is a great LT because he has a great skill set to work with. He has been on the roster for the past two years and yet he hasn’t been able to use that skill set to improve the play of the backup LT’s on the team.

I think having Armstead to learn from MIGHT benefit Paul but I still think they will have to draft a starting LT in the first round next year.
Oh IDK about that. The line play until 2022 was a disaster. I mean we had some bottom of the barrel performances. I remember saying "it can be worse" only to be proven wrong by a new group of turnstiles.

The line play the past two to three seasons is adequate, it's improved from the dead last efforts of the past. As bad as a few of the guys have been, it's still an upgrade.

Well I've seen a couple sites gave them an "A" for the pick. Also had a 91.5 Pass Block Grade in 2023 (1st Among OTs)
Hope you are right. Tackle position is major. He wasn't on the BPA list on 2nd day. All about opinions I know but he's not going in when Armstead misses games next season going by his 'project' report. I would expect a 55th pick to plug in. I might be wrong. Hope so. Let's see. It's on Grier.

Don't mind taking Paul. Not a plug and play starter but realistically I don't think there were too many of those on the board for us at 55. His areas for improvement are very coachable. Give him a season behind TA and he could be a very good long term solution at LT.

We better get a backup Safety. All the other AFC East teams got bigger, stronger, and nastier at WR.

Can the “big guy from houston” move like a McD lineman?
Houston ran a spread, RPO heavy scheme, which featured lots of quick release, 1 read passes. Possibly the best OT in the draft at consistently protecting for at least 2 seconds. He can seal off front 7 guys in a zone run scheme, but IMO is does not get to the 2nd level well. I don't think he can play guard. He's a McD lineman in some ways, but not others. Has a high football IQ, but needs lots of technique work.

Back
Top Bottom