2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Well if you aren't on board with redshirting a hiigh ceiling 2nd round OT in 2024 then you are pretty much pre committing the team's 2025 1st rounder to draft an OT and take the chance they aren't really ready to start on day 1.
Will Paul be good enough to start at OT in 2025? I could see him being a bust.

I never know when the Grier draft history has begun. Who are his misses? Obviously eich and kindly. Who else?
Eich saved our ass at Center last year. Isn't he the early favorite to start at RG this year? He didn't get off to a great start, but I think he gets **** on way too much.

Also think I saw Michael Deiter starting somewhere in the playoffs.

Eich saved our ass at Center last year. Isn't he the early favorite to start at RG this year? He didn't get off to a great start, but I think he gets **** on way too much.

If eichenberg is a starter on the OL, we’ll be a disaster

Is this true, though? Lamm played well last season. Austin Jackson has improved significantly. Kion Smith seems to be making strides.
Lamm was okay but he isn’t the type player who the Dolphins can rely on to be their starting LT over an entire season.

I admitted that Jackson improved quite a bit last season but it took him 4 years to get to that level of play. I doubt Armstead had anything to do with Jackson’s improvement. I think it was just better coaching and Jackson finally matured enough to play in the NFL.

I agree Smith, Lamm and Jackson played fairly well last year. I just don’t see Paul getting much playing time in 2024 unless the OL has as many injuries as the OL did last year.

I was hoping they would draft a guard who could come in and play immediately. I just don’t think that is Paul but hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Eich defintely showed some promise last year. Damn, forgot about dieter

Will Paul be good enough to start at OT in 2025? I could see him being a bust.
Totally fair but I like the odds of Paul being ready after a year in the building getting NFL coaching and osmotic learning from NFL veterans--much more than odds of instant success for any rookie we will have the chance of drafting in 2025.

Lamm was okay but he isn’t the type player who the Dolphins can rely on to be their starting LT over an entire season.

I admitted that Jackson improved quite a bit last season but it took him 4 years to get to that level of play. I doubt Armstead had anything to do with Jackson’s improvement. I think it was just better coaching and Jackson finally matured enough to play in the NFL.

I agree Smith, Lamm and Jackson played fairly well last year. I just don’t see Paul getting much playing time in 2024 unless the OL has as many injuries as the OL did last year.

I was hoping they would draft a guard who could come in and play immediately. I just don’t think that is Paul but hopefully he will prove me wrong.
He does have tools, a nasty streak and looks like a hard worker… it’s not Jonathan Martin here

Back
Top Bottom