A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Big Player Inbound? - $ Suddenly Freed Up Via Restructure of Chubb

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Post the Chubb restructure our cap sits at just under $14 million. Typically, you don't restructure a player unless you need it to make a move. We don't need $14 million to sign draft picks 5 weeks from now. No way to be certain, but this is often a sign that a move is imminent. If it is, who is it? Lots of rumors out there that Debo is on the block. YAC monster hyper familiar with McD who was one of those responsible for making him what he is....

Edit: Keep in mind, we have the X money in June which is when we'd sign our draft players so this move would not be for that...

Last edited:
Wouldn't this be covered by the Howard release once he comes off the books June 1?
I'm not sure how that works timing wise. I guess it would as we typically sign the drafted players in the summer. This would make the Chubb move even more likely to mean that a known name player is inbound.

It does seem likely. Hopefully someone who doesn't impact the comp pick formula.

Post the Chubb restructure our cap sits at just under $14 million. Typically, you don't restructure a player unless you need it to make a move. We don't need $14 million to sign draft picks 5 weeks from now. No way to be certain, but this is often a sign that a move is imminent. If it is, who is it? Lots of rumors out there that Debo is on the block. YAC monster hyper familiar with McD who was one of those responsible for making him what he is....

Edit: Keep in mind, we have the X money in June which is when we'd sign our draft players so this move would not be for that...

I agree but I don't think there are many high dollar free agents remaining besides at CB. A trade may be a possibility as well.

So how is this one effected? Does he just get his signing money now or did it get extended further into the future with us being on the hook for more years?

Back
Top Bottom