A Three Back Attack | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Three Back Attack

If there is a coach, who could pull this off, it's McDaniel. Do I think a three RB look will dictate a running play? NO!!! If we've learned anything about McDaniel he'll scheme up something that will take advantage of a defense, defending against the look.

My guess is he'd have both running and passing plays designed or schemed for the unusual formation.

Rather than trying to get all 3 backs on the field at the same time, having the 3rd back allows us to go with 2 on the field, where we were quite effective last year, much more often. We had to shelve that package most of the time due to one or both of Moster/Achane not being available.

What about using a 32 personnel grouping in a modified single wing?

Running 32 would be interesting... but unless it's within the 5-10 yard line, it'll take some creativity to use it more than a few times a game in space because I'm more concerned about our blocking in those situations than anything else...now if you assured me that there would be no missed blocking assignments....now we are talking!

Also, would the 2nd TE actually be a TE? I'd rather drop in Ingold with Smythe than have Smith since I view Smith as less of a blocker...

Back
Top Bottom